EPILOGUE.

(Author's Pov)

ONE MONTH LATER

Much like how everyone in that exam hall felt, hearing the loud, booming voice belonging to their professor, instructing all students to immediately put their pens down - relief sizzled up inside of Vanessa's stomach.

A deep breath left her lips and she felt the tension wound up in her body slowly falter away. She stretchered out her aching hand, leaned back in her seat and tried not to glance around whilst she patiently waited for her paper to be collected in.

A small smile played on her lips as a spark of confidence bubbled up inside of her. She had a good feeling about the final Sociology exam she had taken. With countless hours of studying, she felt as if she knew just about everything. Luck had definitely been on her side. Nearly everything she had revised in depth had appeared in the paper. She had hope it went well.

Standing up from her desk, she tucked the chair in and didn't hesitate to silently leave the exam hall. Instantly chatter began around her, people questioning one another what they wrote or complaining about how hard the exam was. Vanessa had to hide a smile, feeling completely different about the exam than them.

Somehow she had managed to escape the busy crowded hallways, stepping outside the building as soon as the exit was in sight. She inhaled a deep breath, feeling both relief and joy embrace her. Vanessa was finally done. All exams were over. There was no longer a need to pull all nighters and study her ass off. 

She was finally free.

Inwardly, she was jumping with joy, freely showing off how relieved she was feeling. In-fact, she was holding back from squealing in the middle of the courtyard, knowing it would definitely attract a few eyes from the lingering people surrounding her. Somehow, she managed to keep her cool.

"Hey, V!" She heard the familiar voice yell, no doubt in her mind that he was close by, but still found the need to yell. Grinning boldly, she turned to face him, a giddy expression dancing on his face.

"We're finally fucking done, huh?!" He exclaimed, the relief and shock evident in his tone. Laughing, Vanessa reached out and gave him the high-five he was after.

"I know! Ugh, I just can't wait to go back to my dorm and do nothing." She sighed, already thinking of the pot of Cookie dough Ben & Jerries ice cream sitting in her freezer, practically begging her to empty it with her shiny silver dessert spoon.

"I feel you on that," Marcus raked a hand across the top of his head. "God, this feels good... Let's just hope all the studying paid off."

"I have a good feeling that it did," She laughed, praying that feeling was true. Together the two walked through the courtyard, mindlessly chattering about their plans along with any interesting things that had ended up happening over the course of their week.

"Yeah, she literally fell asleep and started snoring," Marcus shared, unable to hold in his laugh at the fact a girl; Lara, had fallen asleep during their business final. "It was killing me because I thought it was the wind hitting the window or some shit. But damn, girl fell asleep... We all know who's not passing."

Vanessa chuckled, shaking her head, still having a little hope for Lara. Though she didn't know her and had seen her once or twice, she still had hope Lara had finished her exam before she decided on taking a nap. Because she too knew how tempting it felt to give into sleep. She was just somehow strong enough to resist closing her eyes and letting herself fall into a deep, deep -

"So, have you talked to anyone else this week? I know you were busy and all, but like, did you happen to speak with anyone else?" Marcus' questioned, snapping her out of her thoughts, and preventing her from falling asleep on the spot she was standing on.