Chapter 4

There's a big fire on the beach with smaller ones to make the food on, although most of us prefer our steak medium to rare. We only toast the outside a bit. There's a few salads and bread rolls too. Everyone brought their own drinks. The pure Lycans can consume huge amounts of alcohol and not get drunk. Me... well I'm something different altogether. I can drink but I'm always careful about alcohol. I never was drunk before and I really don't want to find out if I can consume huge amounts of alcohol. I like to know what's going on around me. I like to be in control of myself. I sit on a log next to the fire and listen to the people around me laughing, making jokes and talking nonsense when suddenly I smell the same Old spice of the morning and get the strange calm feeling too. 

Then his shadow falls over me and Khan stands right next to me, holding my favorite soda out to me

Then his shadow falls over me and Khan stands right next to me, holding my favorite soda out to me. The bottle is still sealed and I take it. One can never be too careful about accepting drinks even from your mate. "Thank you." He looks down on me. "My pleasure. Do you mind if I join you on the log?" Wow did he really just ask my permission to sit with me. "No go ahead and sit, it is a free country." He laughs and sits down very close to me and I swear there's plenty of space on the log next to him. "You know the old saying that you can run, but not hide? That's true and the longer you run from me the more persistent I'm going to become. Unfortunately, it's part of my genes and I must admit I love a good chase. Knowing you as I do, it's going to drive you crazy and angry." I look at him and those amber eyes drives me insane so intense are they. "So what you are saying is that I should just give in to you, basically lie down and roll over and give into your demands?" He gives a smirk. "On the one hand it sounds wonderful but no I won't like a passive, submissive mate that just gives in to me and my demands as you call it. I want you to give me a fair chance though. Get to know me, go out with me like normal people do. Talk to me about your feelings and likes and dislikes, give me also a chance to get to know you without having to read your thoughts. I know you would hate that. Learn to trust me enough without you needing to block me from your mind as I want to leave my mind open to you too." My mouth is hanging open I can't believe a guy wants to talk about feelings. He lifts his hand and push my chin up to close my mouth. There's tiny sparks everywhere his fingers touch my face. His fingers linger a moment near my mouth and he touches my lower lip with his thumb. It's the softest of touches but I feel it.

Soulmates

I spent my days waiting for you,

searching the crowds for your face.

I stopped breathing the moment

you recognized me, as you captured

my soul with your gaze

-Christy Ann Martine-