seventy // worry

we both sit on the bean bag chair in the middle of the living room with ashton's laptop in front of us, playing neighbors. i've barely been paying attention to it since my mind has been running off to different places lately.

"ash,"

he doesn't pull his eyes away from the screen, "yeah?"

"do you like parties?"

he glances over at me and turns back to his laptop, laughing, "you're joking, right?"

"no... not really," i say, "i met this guy who's having a party and he wanted me to invite you."

"who do you know who i don't know who knows me?" he asks.

"his name is calum. he works at the music store." i tell him. he cluelessly stares at me, "he plays bass? oh, and he tried to talk to you one time, but you ran away."

ashton gasps, "he told you about that?"

"it's not a big deal," i laugh, "but he invited us to his birthday party friday. he said he only invited four friends so it's not going to be that bad, is it?"

"i guess not..." ashton mumbles, playing with his sleeves.

i poke his nose to catch his attention, "stop frowning. i'll ask him if you can invite michael since you feel more comfortable around him."

"yeah... okay," ashton says. he looks up and gives me a small smile. his smile quickly drops and he jumps up from the bean bag, "shit, be right back."

he scurries off to his bedroom leaving me a bit confused. sometimes i really worry about him...

--

A/N: just notifying everyone i'm going to be updating a lot lolol