seventy-one // closure

on my way to my lecture hall, i see niall walking by himself. my footsteps quicken as i get closer to him. it's a terrible idea, but i need closure or else i'll continue beating myself up about him. i need to practice moving on.

"niall!" he turns around and furrows his eyebrows at me. he looks so cute with his blond hair down over my face. i feel as if my heart is going to explode at the look of him. pulling myself together, i open my mouth to speak, "i need to talk to you."

he quickly looks around and behind him before turning back to me, "um, okay..."

"... alone?"

he looks around him again, "if this is a trick for your psychotic friend to jump out of nowhere and repeatedly stab me in the back, i'm not up for it."

"it's not a trick and ashton isn't around anywhere,"

he stares at me as if he's trying to pull a lie out of me before shoving his hands in his pockets, "sure, but don't make me late for class."

"okay..." we both walk outside into the cold. i tighten my scarf around my neck and rub my mittens together, "niall... i'm breaking up with you."

"i kind of understood that when your psychotic friend almost killed me," he says, glancing around.

"i'm sorry about that, by the way," i tell him, "but i told you to leave him alone,"

he narrows his eyes at me, "i'm leaving now."

"no, niall, just... i don't know if i should be heartbroken or pissed off because you hurt me, you've been hurting me for three straight years and i stayed with you throughout it all and you're just all happy with perrie like i never existed."

"it's your fault, i cheated."

i suck in a breath, "oh, so i wasn't good enough for you?"

"basically," he replies.

my chest tightens. i want to curl up in a ball, sobbing then lash out at him like ashton. instead, i shake my head, "did you even love me? ever? was there love anywhere at anytime?"

"i'm going to be late for class," niall says before walking back into the building. i don't stop him this time. my body just feels too numb.

--

A/N: aww niall just needs a hug BY A FUCKING CACTUS. he's a jerk omg i'm srry i did this to you, elle