0.7

[E L A I N A H O P E]

--

zach: do you want to come over? i'm bored and none of the boys want me to leave.

me💞: like, go over to you house?

zach: i think that's what come over means.

me💞: is he there?

zach: who's he?

me💞: are you stupid? think about it.

zach: i still don't follow.

me💞: it's daniel, you idiot.

zach: oh.

me💞: so is he going to be there?

zach: yeah... but he's probably going to be in his room the whole time like he is every other day of the week.

me💞: i'm really not sure. i don't want to cross paths with him. things are going to be so awkward, and i don't want that to happen.

zach: please? i'm 99.99% sure you're not going to see him. he doesn't even have to know you're here. plus, corbyn and jonah want to see you. oh, also christina is here and you've always wanted to meet her, right?

me💞: i guess. do you still live in the same house?

zach: yeah, we still live here.

me💞: okay, i'll be there in thirty minutes. i pray to the lord i don't see him.

zach: yay! i'll tell the guys (except daniel)

me💞: thanks.

--

i sighed and got up from the couch. i don't think i'm ready to go back there, but i'll never be ready if i don't go now. i went into my closet and pulled out a loose crop top and some jeans. then i went into the bathroom and did my hair.

i left quickly and started towards the house.  i drove in silence the whole way there, drowning myself in my thoughts.

before i realized it, i had arrived at the house in which i used to live. it brings back so many memories. they're good memories, but they're memories in which i don't exactly want to think of.

i pushed my thoughts to the side and got out of the car. as soon as the car door closed, i was greeted my four guys running outside and engulfed me in a hug.

"hey guys." i said, my voice weak and empty, just as it has been for the past four years.

"elaina! i missed you!" jonah cheered.

"i missed you too, j." i responded.

"hey elaina, and you need to come inside and meet christina! she's been dying to meet you for years!" corbyn said, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the large house.

i braced myself for anything, such as a big hug from a stranger, which is exactly what i received.

"hi! i'm christina!" a girl who looked around my age, with short black hair and blue eyes said.

"hey, i'm elaina." i replied weakly.

"we're going to be best friends!" she smiled. when she said that, it reminded me of the time when i was seventeen and i had just moved to portland. anna had come over to give me some casserole keri had made. she knew from the beginning that we would be best friends.

"i agree." i said, slightly smiling.

"you're right, she's changed." i heard jonah mumble to jack, but i ignored it.

"how about we go sit in the living room and watch a movie." corbyn suggested.

there was a mix of 'yeah's' and 'sure's' throughout the boys and we went into the living room.

with much persuasion, jonah finally got us to agree to having a harry potter marathon.

i sat in between jack and zach, leaning my head on jacks shoulder as we watched the movie.

we had just gotten to the part where hagrid said, "you're a wizard, harry," and jonah got up from the couch and said, "i'm a what?"

everyone, besides me, started laughing. it just made me quite uncomfortable being here, so i couldn't exactly laugh when i am trying not to get up and leave

"what's so funny? you guys are never up and laughing." oh god. it's him.

i looked at zach wide-eyed and he looked at me with the same expression on his face. everyone just looked at me.

i slumped down on the couch so he couldn't see the back of my head on the couch, and maybe he would go away.

"what's so funny?" he asked again.

"uh, n-nothing." zach stuttered.

"okay, you suck at lying. jack, what are you laughing about?" he asked. he had no idea i was here, and i was mentally breaking down with each passing second of him just being here.

"nothing, daniel. go back upstairs." jack snapped.

"i was coming downstairs to get food anyways." he said, coming down the rest of the stairs and heading towards the kitchen.

my neck was starting to hurt in the position i was in, so i sat up, thinking he wasn't looking.

how i was wrong.

oh how i was so wrong.

when i sat up, i heard him stop in his tracks.

"dammit." i mumbled, and scooted up to jack.

he was still frozen. i had heard absolutely no movement since he has stopped.

"daniel, are you good?" corbyn asked, but actually looking at me as he said that.

"i-is she actually here?" he asked, his voice soft and genuine.

"yeah, she is." jonah said, nodding his head.

i turned my head, and i saw him standing there, speechless.

"hey, daniel." i said softly.

"hey."