2.6

[D A N I E L  S E A V E Y]

today, i have to tell elaina that we're leaving for tour in two weeks because we're having a couple of pop-up shows in florida, iowa, and rhode island. the thing is, the doctor told us she's not supposed to go on tour because it will bring stress to her, which is bad for the baby. so when i go on tour, i won't be able to see the first ultrasound of our baby, due to us having to leave early.

she already knows she's not able to go on tour, but i really don't know how she's gonna react to this. she could be understanding about it, or she could be a raging fireball. either way, i'm really upset that i won't be there in person to see our little sunshine for the first time.

currently, she's resting on the couch watching grey's anatomy on netflix. she's so damn beautiful, even if it's just sitting there on the couch watching netflix and eating popcorn.

"daniel, daniel!" she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"oh, uh, sorry." i said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"you were looking at me like that again." she sighed, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"it's just because you're so beautiful." i told her, pecking her lips. "anyways, i have to tell you something."

"what, is something wrong?" she asked concerned.

"well, uh, the thing is, well, i have to leave for tour in two weeks." i told her, my voice shaky due to the nervousness of not knowing what her reaction was going to be.

"it's okay, i already know. zach told me this morning so i could let out all of my emotions on him." she shrugged.

"mentally thanking zach right now." i mumbled, causing her to giggle.

oh my god. her laugh is like angels singing from above.

"baby, you're looking at me like that again. wow, twice today." she said, pecking my lips and taking me out of my trance.

"you're just so amazing, babygirl. i can't help it." i told her, leaving a short kiss on her precious lips. "but aren't you upset that me leaving early means i won't be able to see the ultrasound with you?"

"i know it sucks, but i'll stay with christina and she'll come with me to the doctors appointments and i'll go with christina to her appointments." she said, immediately relieving some of the stress this had on me.

"i'm just sad i won't be with you to see our little baby sunshine for the first time." i sighed, placing my hands on her stomach.

putting my hands on her stomach is something i like to do now, because i know that inside that stomach is our precious baby that we created together. it still shocks me that inside her stomach is a little ray of happiness waiting to be born in nine months.

"daniel, how am i going to be away from you for four months while you're on tour?" she whispered, kissing my forehead.

"you'll come to all the california shows. i'll make sure of it." i told her. "when it's the anaheim show, we can go to disneyland, you'll just have to take it easy. you can come to san fransisco, too. plus, the three los angeles shows."

"okay." she sighed. "maybe i can go to the portland one, too."

"good idea." i smiled.

there was a quiet and peaceful silence where we were just cuddled up to each other while my hands were on her stomach and her hands were on top of mine. i started singing 'can't help falling in love with you' quietly in her ear.

"daniel?" she asked quietly.

"hm?"

"what gender do you want the baby to be?" she asked.

"i want it to be whatever you want it to be." i told her honestly.

"i want a little girl." she said.

i took one of my hands off of her stomach and i started stroking her short, black hair.

"well then, i hope we have a little girl." i smiled.

to me, the gender didn't really matter. whatever made her happy made me happy. i would be happy with a boy or a girl.

"i love you, daniel." she whispered.

"i love you too, elaina." i whispered back. "i will always love you."

until the end of time and beyond.