3.8

[D A N I E L S E A V E Y]

i woke up to the most beautiful sight in the world. elaina was cuddled up to me while cradling her stomach as she slept. it was the most precious thing i had ever seen in my whole entire life.

i kissed her forehead before getting up and getting ready to go to sound check in two hours. after getting ready, i went into the kitchen to make breakfast. i made eggs, bacon, and waffles. i made sure not to make pancakes because i knew she was getting tired of pancakes.

i started humming to myself as i was making the eggs, and i ended up in full song within the five minutes.

"i have died everyday waiting for you.
darling don't be afraid, i have loved you
for a thousand years.
i'll love you for a thousand more.

all along i believed i would find you.
time has brought your heart to me and
i have loved you for a thousand years.
i'll love you for a thousand more."

this is a song that i feel describes elaina and i's love. i died inside everyday waiting for her after we broke up. i loved her he whole time before that, and i'll love her forever. and that four year time break brought us back together after me believing that i would get her back once again somehow after those four years that i didn't have her.

as i was turning the stove off, i felt her wrap her arms around me and i smiled.

"good morning." she said, her voice still somewhat raspy from it being morning.

"good morning, baby. how did you sleep?" i asked turning around and facing her.

"i slept really good. you?"

"i slept great," i smiled, pecking her lips and getting the hot pan away from her.

"what time is the show today?" she asked me, sitting down at one of the bar stools.

"it's at five, but i have to go to sound check in a few hours. you can come with me and hang out with christina and ellery backstage." i told her.

"ellery's coming?" she asked.

"yeah, zach said she graduated a few days ago. she's moving in with the boys." i told her, then a thought came to me, "i wonder when her and zach's wedding is going to be. they've been engaged for almost a year and i don't even think they've even started planning the wedding," i laughed.

"when we get engaged sometime in the future," my heart fluttered at those words, "are we going to get married right after the engagement or wait?"

"i don't know. we can decide that once we're engaged," i told her, booping her nose and she giggled.

"when are we going to get engaged?" she thought aloud.

"lets switch from the topic of engagement because i don't know when that's happening." i laughed and she pouted, genuinely wanting to know when i was planning on proposing.

i honestly haven't put much thought into when i was going to propose, but i wanted it to be somewhat soon. maybe in a couple of months if it feels right. i'm still not totally sure, but i love elaina enough that i would get down on one knee and propose right here and right now if i got the opportunity.

"okay, if we need a new topic, how about we talk about the burning eggs in the stove." she chuckled, and i looked down onto the stove to see the eggs burning in their pan.

"dammit. wanna go to mcdonald's?" i asked and she laughed.

"sure, just let me go get changed and we can go," she said cheerfully, going into our room to change out of my hoodie and her sweatpants. i swear she's stolen about fifteen of my hoodies.

she came back out in some jeans and a striped shirt with her hair in a ponytail.

"you look beautiful, baby," i commented, causing her to blush.

"i didn't do anything special," she laughed.

"i know, you just look beautiful," i shrugged, and she blushed a deeper shade of red.

"let's go!" she yelled, skipping out the door.

"don't skip. it makes me nervous that you're going to fall," i warned, a worried tone in my voice.

"fine," she mumbled, walking a normal pace down the hallway to the elevator.

~

"i'm excited," i said cheerfully, "you've never been to one of my shows!"

"i'm excited too," she responded happily, smiling widely.

we had just finished sound check and we were all just sitting backstage waiting for the show to start. her and ellery started talking so i just starting conversing with jonah until the stage manager told us it was time to get ready, so we did.

i heard elaina whisper, "good luck." before i went out there, and i blew her a kiss.

once we were in position, the lights started turning different colors and the background music to our old song, 'trust fund baby' started playing.

i started singing my part and the crowd went wild. i glanced backstage for a moment to look at elaina, who was standing there smiling. i winked at her and the crowd went wild once again.

after the song was over, we started our little introduction.

"i'm zach," zach started.

"i'm jack,"

"i'm daniel,"

"i'm jonah,"

"i'm corbyn,"

"and we're why don't we!"

we all started laughing and the crowd cheered.

the crowd went quiet after a while and we started talking, saying stuff about how we're happy to be performing back at home. at one point when the crowd was quiet, i heard someone yell, "IS ELAINA HERE?"

all the boys turned to me, hearing the question also, and i laughed.

"yeah, she's here." i smiled, sending a wink in elaina's direction.

suddenly, the crowd started chanting, "COME ON STAGE! COME ON STAGE!"

once again, the boys turned to me and i chuckled, "you want to?"

she rolled her eyes at me and cautiously walked onto the stage, earning a roar of cheers to erupt in the crowd and she covered her ears.

i went over to her and pecked her lips. i mumbled, "i love you." in her ear then said she could go, since the cheers were hurting her ears.

ellery, tate, gabbie, and christina have all had to do that before and every time their reactions are hilarious.

we continued the show from there and i was happy and giddy the whole way through.

a/n: sorry this chapter is bad. it's like 12:30 in the morning and i can't really think straight.