5.3

[E L A I N A  H O P E]

"daniel, get your stick ass up and get ready! my mom is expecting us in an hour!" i scolded, literally pushing daniel off of the bed.

"ow," he groaned, rubbing his shoulder, "why'd you push me off?" he asked, sitting up from the ground and looking at me.

"because it's a more fun way to wake you up," i shrugged, sliding out of bed and scurrying towards the closet.

as i was looking through my clothes to find something to wear, daniel came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, laying his head on my back.

"get off of me," i warned, but he didn't move from his position.

"i'm not moving until you apologize for pushing me off of the bed," he told me, and i pouted out my lip and turned around.

"well then, you're going to be sitting there while i'm changing because i refuse to move," i said, turning back around and grabbing a new bra, some new underwear, some jeans, and one of daniel's shirts because they're really comfortable and they fit better than my own shirts at the moment.

i pulled off the shirt that i had on, and daniel backed up, causing me to smirk knowing that i won.

"oh wow, you weren't joking," he laughed.

"nope. if i say i'm not moving, then i'm not moving, dumbass," i giggled, putting on my bra and shirt. daniel was staring at me the whole time, "stop staring, you perv."

"hey, even pregnant you're still sexy as hell," he smirked, turning around and looking through his stuff in the closet to find something to wear.

i changed into my underwear and jeans, then walked out of he bathroom and went into the bathroom to do my hair. i started to put my hair into two dutch braids, when daniel came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist once again.

"daniel, stop," i whined, reaching one of my hands away from my hair and pushing his arms away.

"no, you must apologize," he insisted, putting his arms back.

"fine, i'm sorry for pushing you off of the bed, daniel. i love you," i said, so he moved his arms and smiled, kissing my cheek and going over to his side of the sink. i finished my hair and looked over at daniel, who was trying to perfect his hair gel.

"here, let me help you, dani," i told him, sitting in front of him on the bathroom counter and running my hands through his hair to get it just right.

once i finished, he said, "you need to do my hair more often. this looks way better than when i do it."

i giggled and jumped down from the counter, "we should get going. grab your suitcase and put it in the car."

"okay miss bossy pants," he chuckled, going into our bedroom and getting both of our suitcases before i could grab mine.

"no fair! i want to get mine!" i whined, slumping my shoulders down and outing my lip out in protest.

"nope. your pregnant self is not allowed to carry a heavy suitcase," he insisted, taking them downstairs to the car.

"well be careful with it. it has all of the presents in it," i warned him.

he sent me a smile and nodded, walking the stuff down to the trunk of the car, then both of us getting inside.

"hey mom!" i smiled, walking up to my mom and giving her a huge hug.

"hi elaina! i haven't seen you in a couple of weeks," she said, returning the hug.

"i know, i'm sorry. i've been busy," i apologized, pulling away from the hug.

"it's okay honey," she said, nodding, "hello daniel!" she went up and gave daniel a hug, who returned it happily.

"hi judi, how are you?" he asked her, after pulling away.

"i'm doing good, you?" she asked.

"fantastic," he replied, snaking his arm around my waist and kissing the top of my head.

we sat in the living room, talking for a few moments until her eyes traveled down to my stomach, the she gasped, "i didn't notice how much the babies are growing!" she gushed, and i smiled, putting my head in daniel's chest.

"they sure do grow quick," daniel agreed, stroking my back as i smiled into his chest.

"okay, but next time remember protection. i didn't expect to be a grandma this early," she laughed and i gave her a 'what the fuck' look.

"it was a spur of the moment thing!" i defended, sticking my tongue out at her.

"god, you guys are just like your father and i when we were still married," she sighed.

"yeah, well our marriage is gonna last," i pointed out, and her head shot up.

"marriage?" she questioned, and my eyes widened.

"oh, uh, look," i showed her the diamond ring that was on my ring finger on my left hand. she gasped and smiled at us.

"well congratulations guys!" she smiled, giving us each another hug, "and daniel i swear to god, hurt her one more time i will hunt you down again and you will be dead."

"again?" i questioned, looking at my mom and daniel in confusion.

"he didn't tell you?" she asked, and i shook my head no, "well after you told me what happened almost five years ago, i went to their house and demanded the one that answered the door to let me see daniel. they had tried to explain to me that he hadn't come out of his room for days, but i didn't care and went up there anyways. when i found him, he was sitting on the edge of his bed, curled up in a ball while staring off into space. i did some serious scolding and by the time i was done, he was in tears so i left."

"oh wow, okay. i didn't know you had that in you, mom," i said in disbelief.

"no one hurts my only daughter," she warned, glaring at daniel. he lowered his head in shame, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. i could tell he hated talking about the past events, and i did too. so i decided to change the subject.

"uh, so when are emma, brett, and allison going to be here?" i asked, and i could tell daniel was mentally thanking me by the way he lightly kissed my neck.

"they should be here any minu-" she was cut off my the front door opening and a hyper teenager rubbing inside.

"hey, it's ya boi, skinny penis back at it again with another video!" she yelled, jumping down on the couch next to me and daniel.

"don't say that, emma!" my mom scolded, and emma just smiled to herself.

"sorry for being late. brett was just got back in town and we had to pick him up," allison apologized.

"they don't care, mom, let's just do presents," emma insisted.

—(time skip)—

"bye guys! have a good time in portland!" my mom said, as daniel and i we're walking out to the car.

"thanks, mom. we'll see you later," i smiled, getting into the passenger's seat of the car and daniel getting in the driver's side.

off to portland.