Chapter 8

Jaemi's POV

I was almost close to my destination. I was smelling the flowers while walking, feeling excited as it has been a long time since I saw them.

And I also feel a bit scared as... Well... It has been a long time since I saw them.

I hope you know what I mean.

I arrived at my destination and started walking closer to my parents.

"Sorry it has been a long time since I visited you, Eomma, Appa."

I said softly while placing the flowers down on the gravestones. A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked at the two gravestones.

I paused for a while before continuing to talk softly.

"I am doing well in school. Well not very well but, I am still just getting bullied now and then. But I'm managing it well. " I said, as if they could hear me.

"Eomma, you must be wondering if I have any new friends, but the answer is still the same as last time, I am still lonely in school" I laughed at myself still being the same.

"And Appa, don't worry I still have good grades in my school work and homework. I am actually the top in my class. I hope I made both of you guys proud of me."

A few more tears started to run down my cheek while I stood my tears silently fell, trying to wipe my tears away and having a sad smile on my face.

" I really miss you. I wish you right by my side right now. I miss all the fun time we had. I told myself to not cry in front of you but I guess it's still the same."

I wiped my face again and laughed a bit at the stupid promise I made to myself.

"Ok enough me crying, I will be talking about my day in school."

I sat down on the soft grass beside the gravestones and started to tell them how my day went in school.

"Today, my teacher in Music told my class that there will be an upcoming test and we have to sing in pairs. Well you guys know very well that I love to sing but I still can't sing for anyone or with anyone. But I was lucky enough to not get Jungkook though. But I might not even sing on that day and skip the test. Other than that that's all that happen today, nothing interesting "

I rocked back and forth while hugging my legs.

I can feel happiness when I am with my parents. The sun was setting and I knew I had to go home and I needed to do my science homework.

" Sorry Eomma and Appa but in need to go home now and do my science homework love you soooo much. I will try to visit you more next time. Love you"

I wiped my face dry, picked myself off the ground and smiled at the two gravestones before starting to walk back.

I walked slowly home as a could at least enjoy the area around me and I could breathe easier.

I decided to take a seat on a bench nearby a playground before going home.

I just watched the children play at the playground and at the sand pit.

I smiled at them as they just reminded me of my younger self.

I sat there and just thought of what I did in my past when I was a happy kid, when a cute boy wearing a red shirt pulled my sleeve slightly gaining my attention.

I looked at my and smiled. I asked him why he wanted my attention.

"Can you please play with me?"

"I could but how about your friends, don't you want to play with them?" I asked him with a smile.

"None of them are my friends, I only have my hyung." He pouted while kicking the floor.

"Oh, then where is your hyung?"

"He went to buy some food. So will you play with me?" He twisted side to side waiting for my reply.

"Okay, I will play with you. What do you want to play?" I smiled at him getting excited by my answer.

"Hide and Seek! You count and I hide!" He started to run around the playground looking for a place to hide.

I smiled at his childish self.

"Okay. I will count to 20. Starting... Now!"

I covered my eyes with my hands and left a space between my fingers only to see the little boy running around trying to look for a space to hide.

20 seconds was over and I started to look around the playground.

I looked around when I saw him crouching down under the biggest slide.

"I wonder where is he? I can't find him anywhere." I said playfully when I heard giggling under the slide.

I looked under the slide to see the boy looked the other way, probably checking if I was close him.

I decided to sneak up on him.

"I found you!" I went up to tickle him and he broke into a fit of laughter.

I stopped and lead him out under the slide when I heard a name being called.

The boy quickly respond to the voice and took my hand and went to what looks like his older brother.

" Hyung! I made a new friend!" The boy started to jump while pointing at me.

"Oh annyeong." I bowed slightly and looked up to see a face I never expected to see out of school, Jeon Jungkook.

But I kept my cool face as a tried to smile, well I tried. But how are you suppose to smile when you see your 'bully' standing in front of you?

"Annyeong, Um thanks for taking care of my younger brother, Jungho. Well, we better get going now. Say bye to your friend Jungho." He nudged his younger brother, Jungho, signaling him to say bye to me.

"Thank you for playing with me and bye bye." He waved at me while smiling widely.

"Thank you again for taking care of him." Jungkook smiled and I slightly bowed.

He went his way and I went the opposite way, finally going back home.