Chapter 11 - Serenity

I was running around the kitchen to make sure everything was ready and warm before Taylor came back. I made my way to the dining room and opened the cupboards. My eyes widened at the sight of this impressive crockery. I picked what I needed and set them on the table. I opened the big drawer and found a red tablecloth similar to the one she had used for our date. Perfect.

I set everything carefully and lit a few candles. I switched the lamps on and turned off the main lights to soften the atmosphere of the room. Even I was impressed by the setting. It would take me a while to clean everything up but it would be worth it if it brought a smile on Taylor's face. I went to take a look at myself in the mirror but I considered myself fit to be seen. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs so I ran to stand next to the table.

"Ashley, I can see from here that the light is very dim. You better not be watching TV or sleeping or I swear -", she stopped dead in her tracks when she appeared in the doorway. She grinned broadly and made her way towards me. "Oh my god, it's beautiful", she squealed before engulfing me in a tight hug.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head in the crook of her neck, enjoying her heady perfume and the serenity of the moment. I felt her moving so I leaned back to look at her. She was beaming. The cleaning would definitely be worth it.

"Are you hungry?", I asked softly.

"I'm starving!", she grinned excitedly and pecked my lips before taking a seat at the table. I kissed the top of her head and went to the kitchen to get our plates.

I had cooked chicken parmesan with some fresh pasta as an entree. For dessert, I opted for a fruit salad and fromage blanc. I wanted to keep it healthy, simple, and good.

I set the plates on the table. Taylor was rubbing her hands eagerly. I sat down and chuckled from seeing her this excited. She cut all her food as usual and finally took a bite. I was looking at her this whole time, waiting for her reaction.

"So? Is it good?", I asked grimacing. She looked up and swallowed.

"Are you kidding? This is delicious. You need to cook for me all the time", she said before taking another bite. I smiled and started eating.

The whole dinner was so nice. Taylor was really ecstatic. She couldn't stop rambling about the beach and what she wanted to do and see. She also didn't miss the chance to talk about her expectations concerning the room and how she would not tolerate loud neighbors. I agreed with her, even if I knew we wouldn't have this issue. I had booked us a top-floor suite but I didn't want to tell her that.

I told Taylor to rest on the couch while I cleaned the dining room. I went to the kitchen and put my hair in a ponytail to do the dishes. For lack of music, I found myself humming Unconditionally by Katy Perry. I found it funny how this particular song came to my mind. As if on cue, two hands that I knew very well grabbed my waist. I always knew when Taylor touched me. She provoked such an intense eruption of feelings in me that I could recognize her touch among thousands. I'd never experienced this with anyone before.

She kissed the back of my neck and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Why don't you leave that for the housekeeper?", she asked next to my ear.

"Because she doesn't have to clean my mess", I said softly.

"This is what I pay her for, Ash. Of course she has to", she said chuckling and kissed my shoulder.

"Exactly. You pay her so she cleans your mess, not mine."

"Well I used these dishes as much as you did so it's also my mess. Which means you can leave them and come cuddle with me", she said sweetly.