Part 4

It's been two blessed weeks since Keiichi asked Belldandy to become his bride. The pair had been bathing together since then, as well have been taking turns sharing the same bed together in each others' bedrooms. To say that they were happy would be the understatement of the century. Urd was ecstatic as well.

They've grown a lot closer, and abundantly in love since then. Keiichi continued to attend classes during the week, and worked his part-time job in the afternoons at Whirlwind, ever since his classes have been shorter. After all, this was his final year in college at Nekomi Tech. Belldandy would still attend classes with him occasionally, as she was busy as a bee with her daily household routine, just as she always has. She still packs his bento everyday full of love-filled lunches.

They had discussed how they would have to break the news of their impending nuptials to his family eventually. Keiichi's mother Takano didn't think too much about his 'gaijin' girlfriend, who she was told to be from Norway. His mother didn't want to lose her 'baby boy' to his 'foreign' girlfriend who wasn't of Japanese lineage...

His father Keima on one hand, was extremely happy that Keiichi finally found a girlfriend; who loved his son very much. He and Belldandy were always on good terms despite the fact that they've only met a few times before. Megumi on the other hand, was clueless to the fact that her big brother and his golden-tressed girlfriend have made the final leap towards a real relationship. So Bell and Keii decided to invite her over to dinner during the weekend to tell her the exceedingly happy news.

"Hey, Belldandy, is dinner about ready? Megumi will be here any minute now." Keiichi asked his lovely fiance', as he wandered into the kitchen, his mind in a daze; wondering to himself how the evening would proceed. "Yes, Keiichi my love. The table is already set, and everything is nearly ready." she happily replied, bubbling over with enthusiasm in her sweet voice. "Bell...I'm a little nervous actually. I don't know how Megumi will react to the news...you know...about us being engaged and all..." his voice trailing off, with a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

Belldandy slowly turned around and faced him, admiring him with her deep ocean blue eyes, full of love and sincerity. "Keiichi my love, please do not be concerned. Megumi and I've always been on good terms. I'm most certain she will accept our decision with an open heart." She cheerfully reassured him, the way she always has. Keiichi saw the warmth and compassion in her eyes, as she reached out and gave him a firm hug, followed by a passion-filled kiss on his lips. "Belldandy..." is all he could respond. He knew in his heart that she was right, just as she always was. He let out a light sigh of relief. He was suddenly alarmed as he heard a knock-knock-knock echo down the hallway, from the front door. His heart jumped for a moment. "Crap! She's here!" he blurted out of nowhere, as his left eye twitched.

Belldandy and Keiichi opened the door, hand in hand, and welcomed Megumi into their abode. "Sorry for the intrusion." she quietly announced, as she removed her shoes in the front entrance way. She then closed the door behind her. Megumi was dressed as usual, in her matching denim jacket and jeans, except wearing a bright pink t-shirt. "Welcome, Megumi. It's so good to see you." Belldandy greeted her cheerfully, with a sweet smile across her lips. "Thanks, Belldandy. Mmmmm...It smells so good in here. I'm starving!" Megumi rapidly boomed out, as if she hasn't eaten a decent home-cooked meal in ages. "Hi Megumi...so glad you could make it." Keiichi added, halfheartedly, with bags under his eyes. "Hey, Kei! Why so glum?" Megumi shot back, wondering what was amiss, as she was led to the dining area by Belldandy. Keiichi lethargically followed behind, dragging his feet the entire way.

They all sat down and had an amazing dinner as always. Megumi was speechless at how much food Belldandy had prepared. it was enough to feed a small army.

"Thanks, Belldandy!" Diner was soooo goooood!" Megumi piped up, startling Keiichi out of his fog. "Yeah, Bell, It was delicious as always." Keiichi finally added. "Thank you both so much. I'm so glad to hear that!" Belldandy replied, brimming over with happiness. That's another thing Belldandy was an expert at. Besides housecleaning, she enjoyed cooking meals for her love Keiichi. And Belldandy knew that whatever she made, he would devour everything she prepared in sight, no matter how stuffed he was. She was an above excellent cook.