Jealous Jason

(Set before Mark of Athena)

Jason POV

I don't understand.

All these campers are going on the Argo II just to see this "amazing" Percy Jackson. What did he do to get all the respect? I'm the son of Jupiter! The king of the gods! I should get lots of respect and should be king of camp. Just like my father.

Percy Jackson can't be as good as me. It's just not possible. He's a rotten sea scum.

I decide to go to my sister, Thalia, and ask her what's so great about Percy Jackson. If he's not an arrogant brat, then maybe I can train him to be close to my amazingness.

"Thalia!!" I exclaim walking into her room. "What?!" She shouts back walking towards me. "Ahh, sister. What is so high and mighty about this Percy Jackson guy?" I say sitting on her bed. "Percy? Oh yeah he saved the world and fought Kronos, and WON! He's super loyal and humble. Chiron says he is the best swordsman in 300 years." "I bet I'm better than him" I say proudly but notice she laughing on the ground clutching her stomach while panting "You.... think your..... bet... better....than...Percy!!" I nod my head shocked by her sudden outburst. "Sorry little bro, but he's basically as good as a god. I mean, he was offered to be one" WHAT?!?! He was offered to be a god. Ugh no fair. I leave without another word, outraged that Percy Jackson has already beaten me, and he wasn't even here!

-Time skip to them arriving at camp Jupiter-

We are finally back to my home. Where people respect me. I step out first receiving welcomes from the 12th Legion. I didn't pay too much attention to them, but on did grab my attention "Welcome back Jason Grace, former praetor" Former? Should I still be praetor, unless they filled my spot. I brush it off as I see Neptune coming our way. I nudge Thalia and ask "Why is Neptune here. Shouldn't he be at Olympus?" Once again, Thalia howled with laughter. "You thought that was Neptune? That...(Dramatic pause) is Percy Jackson" she said proudly as he began jogging towards Annabeth. I walk away, yet again, disappointed that i mistaken that sea scum for the god, Neptune.

After his reuniting with Annabeth he stalked towards me with a troublemaker grin. "Hey, you must be the famous Jason Grace I've heard all about. I'm Perseus Jackson, but you can call me Percy" he said holding his hand out for me to shake. I decline his gesture and reply "Hello Percy, since you already now who I am, there is no need to introduce myself." I exclaim holding my head high. I see Reyna coming towards us and realize that Percy is wearing the same outfit as Reyna. The praetor's outfit. No this can't be! I tell myself raging inwardly. How does this sea scum get everything?!?! I decide that challenging him to a duel is the smartest decision. A duel to find out who is better...

A/N: Doing a part 2 so this will be a 2 shot. Hope you enjoyed. See you later...😜