CHAPTER 1 | New Start

"How do I look ?", I said in my high-pitched voice.

"You look beautiful, just fabulous." Anne said, she is my best friend since pre-school and I adore her, maybe because she knows all my secrets even the dark ones.

I was wearing my favorite sapphire colored top and navy blue high-waisted denim jeans, a cap that stated 'BOSS' which doesn't reflects my personality and on my feet were white and black Adidas shoes.

This was my outfit for the first day of high school at Boulevard High. Anne and I were so delighted for our new start at school it was as if we were getting served with freshly baked cookies.

I got the car keys of my dad's new charcoal colored BMW from his pocket when I hugged him before leaving for school, he would have not thought of this in his wildest dreams.

Anne and I settled in to the car and fixed our makeup and then the engine boosted, smoke came out from the back of the car and I drove off at the highest speed I could manage but somehow the little voice inside my brain vibrated and signaled me to slow down and I did.

"Woah!,what happened,why did you slow down?" Anne complained.

"Nothing, I don't want the car damaged." I shrugged.

This is a lie, I thought. This isn't me, she has overpowered me and is now controlling me, I was never like this, never. I didn't like speed, caps and definitely stealing, that to from my dad. What has gone over me, I have changed so much.

Me and Anne were never like this but now we are totally different personalities and I know it's all because of HER.

●●●

The car came to a halt, we had finally arrived to school after a really tense drive. I could hear loud and deafening chatters from the mob of students but that wasn't the worst part, or at least this wasn't the embarrassing one.

We walked out of the car and I took nervous baby steps towards my locker, except Anne I didn't know anybody, that was the thing that made me nervous in case you thought.

The most terrible element was that someone had spilled coffee on the floor and I was warned by Anne about this when we entered but my mind had totally slipped off this important detail.

I was walking away from the locker towards the class that my foot came in contact with the slippery floor and I slipped, my books went flying in the air and my eyes were towards the ceiling but out of terror I closed them tight and in my head I knew that am going to face the consequences of my immature actions.

Hey guys! I hope you guys are liking the story so far , this is my first book and I would love if you leave comments and share this with you friends, helps me stay motivated and inspired. THANKS.