CHAPTER 8 | Mommy and Daddy

I grab the juice from Anne's hands and gulp down a sip, "So are you having fun?" I ask Anne.

"Yeah" she says but I know she is lying so I gave her a disgusted stare,"okay, it's kind of boring."she admits. After Anne confesses the truth I look for Daniel but he is nowhere to be found. I check the bathroom, the food stall and dance floor but there was no sign of him.

While I look for him someone stepped on my foot and it bruised, I let out cry in pain and tears fall down from my cheek to my neck. I could fell blood dripping from my big toe I thought the first-aid kit might be in Anne's car so I headed in the direction of it.

My heels tap on the concrete road while I make my way through the crowd into the parking lot. I fetch the first aid box from the car and put a band-aid on my wound and it feels a lot better. I didn't want to go back in as the party was not entertaining at all and I wasn't interested.

I couldn't leave without Anne so I sat on the lonely bench near the parking lot and stared at the wild blue yonder, the sky, with thousand twinkling stars in sight. The cold breeze touching my skin ever so slightly. Suddenly, Daniel comes out of nowhere "Hey, what are you doing." literally giving me a jump scare.

"Nothing" I groan, he comes and sits by my side on the bench. "hey I didn't invite you to come and accompany me." I protest but he does what he wants to.

"Are you counting stars out here cause that's how it seems." He presumes as I didn't tell him what I was doing out, sitting alone at night while there is a party going on.

"No, no way I am not silly. I was looking for you, but then I got hurt and I came out got a glimpse of this sky and didn't wanna go back."

"Why were you looking for me ?" he inquires and I don't have an answer for that so I just signal him to keep his mouth shut and I close my eyes and slowly my mind drifts off to another dimension and I feel relaxed. I open my eyes and tilt my head to witness that Daniel was staring at me, probably in my hazel eyes the whole duration.

"uhm..uhm!" I pretend to cough which diverts his attention.

"Sorry I... I ", he was unable to find words," have to leave it's pretty late, bye." He was heading towards his car when he called out "Need a ride back home?" he asks.

I don't know why, but I couldn't say no,"Sure, but please listen to the directions this time." I pleaded and I could see a smirk forming on his face.

"Obviously I have too." He says and leads me to his car.

                                                                                    ●●●

"Stop here, this is it." I say and Daniel slows down his car, "Thanks, see you at school tomorrow." I step out of the car and wave him goodbye while I move towards my porch.

I grab my keys from my purse and they jingle in my hands while I insert them and turn and push the door open. My mom and dad might be asleep so I tip-toe towards my room. I open the door of my bedroom and throw my stuff on the bed and breathe a sigh of relief. I turn to close the door and catch a sight of my younger sister standing at my doorstep with her teddy bear in her hand.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Mommy and daddy were fighting." she answers.

"Again ?" I inquire and she nods holding on to her teddy,"Okay come inside, you can sleep with me." I offer as I am the elder one, plus I could see tears forming in her chocolate eyes which melted my heart.

She climbs onto my bed and I drape a quilt over her, she shuts her eyes and makes her way into a deep sleep. I can't believe mom and dad are fighting again why can't they come to a compromise, I need a break from all of this but I know I have to do something to save my family from her curse. 

                                                                                       ●●●  

I shut the door of my locker and face a beautiful Anne examining her nails "Do you think I need a manicure ?" I grab her hands and give her nails a quick look and her nails look like the already got a manicure ,"When was the last time you got a manicure ? I inquire.

"I think about a week ago."

"Not at all, it looks like you got a manicure yesterday." I answer appalled when a familiar voice interrupts our conversation, "Hey!"

"Hi!" Anne and I speak at the same time, "I have to go, I...I have class." Anne lies and leaves me with him, alone.

"What was that all about ?" Daniel questions.

"I don't know, she is weird." I reply stunned. "I have to go."

"Where?"

"It's my chemistry class I--" I couldn't complete my sentence and my binder slipped from my hand and fell to the floor, I picked up some of my papers but some flew further away, "Can I get a little help here?" I stare up at Daniel and he helps me pick the papers that were far away.

"Hey I didn't know that you are smart you've got straight A's." he says flipping through my test papers.

"Stop, give them back." I say snatching my papers from his hands while the bell rings,"I need to hurry I am getting late." 

"Can you teach me how to be smart, like you?" he inquires,"Cause' I am in desperate need of help."

"We can talk about this later."

"but--" I don't let him finish.

"We can talk about it over lunch today, okay?"

"Okay, bye"

"Bye" I say and started towards the chemistry lab.

Hey guys, sorry for a late update but I was working on editing this chapter and it was longer than my previous ones

Hope you guys are enjoying , a lot of Daniel and Charlotte scenes in this chapter but more are yet to come.

Until the next chapter,

FabZ_H