CHAPTER 5 | Granted

I woke up, pulled the blanket off my face and stretched my arms and legs. I opened the curtains in my room so the sunlight could find it's way in to brighten up my soul. I walked lazily towards the bathroom to change so I could leave for school.

This time I wore something different, a grey baggy shirt and denim shorts followed by loafers and I tied my blond hair into a loose ponytail. I got my bag and hurried down to eat breakfast. "Good morning, mom." I said and she kissed me on my forehead.

"Hey honey, look what I cooked for you." she said and served me with pancakes and maple syrup, I was never this fortunate to eat pancakes for breakfast so this was a total surprise. "Thanks mom." I said and embraced her.

I sat in the car and this time my dad drove me to school as I had to tell him the truth about the car keys and he was enraged. On the way to school he didn't say a word which freaked me out a little but I also had some other things to worry about.

Anne didn't come to school today as she wanted to stay away from Jordan and I also thought this was the right thing to in these circumstances. I went to my locker and opened it to see a small card attached to it. I had no idea from who it was and I was stunned.

I opened it up and it read 'saved her but this will not be happening again. - J'

He is totally crazy and has to learn a lesson but I have to wait. I was making my way into the girls' bathroom, thinking about the letter, lost in my thoughts and I hit my shoulder on one of the walls real hard and it bruised. I was pressing on it when somebody started to rub it for me.

I looked up to see and there I saw Daniel. I remembered yesterday's incident and it looks like history repeated itself. "Hey!" I said,"Are you okay? How's your arm? Can I see it ?" I didn't realize I asked a lot of questions.

"I am fine it's okay and no, you can't see it." he replied and walked away without even letting me say sorry for what I did in Jordan's house.

I went in the library ( yeah I missed my first class ), I needed to be in peace right now so I thought of reading a book. I searched through the shelf of fiction, reading the last chapter of every book to find a happy end. I couldn't find a happy end and because of this I was frustrated and I started to sweat even though the air-conditioners were on.

I leaned on a wall, sat on the ground in the middle of a shelf and started shivering. I used to get these attacks when I was little but it is now happening after 10 years or so and I was not prepared for this.

I could hear approaching footsteps, "oh please don't come here." I murmured to myself. But nope, I don't know why does this always happen to me. My eyes slowly started to close and my vision blurred.

"Hey Charlotte, wake up." someone said and started to slap my face lightly to stop me from being unconscious but it didn't work.

●●●

I opened my eyes and noticed that I was not in my house I was somewhere else. I sat up and my head hurt, I tried to remember what happened but it was out of my reach. I got out of the bed wanting to travel to the door but I fell and my hand touched the glass on the side table and it shattered into pieces.

I was petrified and only my sense of hearing could work, the door creaked and I hid myself under the bed but I couldn't control my fast breathing. The door closed and someone came in I pressed my hand to my mouth so I could make no sound. I could see bare feet at the side of the bed stop and gently coming to the ground.

Now I could see his face, it was Daniel."Oh thank God." I whispered to myself. He gave me his hand to pull me out from under the bed and I gladly took it and he pulled me.

I had no idea what was happening to me I started crying and didn't leave his hand nor did he shove it away. He tried to stop me from panicking but it was useless.

Finally I stopped and wiped my face clean. I stood up so that I could leave but Daniel still had my hand in his, I turned and asked"What happened ?"

"I am sorry." he said, I smiled but didn't say anything, left his hand and walked away.

When I was walking I had a lot of thoughts tingling my brain but I closed my eyes and fist wishing that tomorrow will be a good day and for the first time in a thousand years my wish was granted.

I will soon be deciding the cast for my book and the chapters are about to get fun. Hope you guys are liking the book if not trust me it's going to get exciting. Until the next chapter, xoxo.