CHAPTER 2 | Lost Key

Thud! came the sound of my books falling to the ground and a high toned Anne              scream that sent shrills down my spine. Wait a second my books have landed on the ground then what the hell am I doing floating in the air?

It didn't take a long time and my question was answered. I could feel someone's            warmth over my body, someone's muscular arms wrapped around me like a soft velvety blanket.

I gently opened my eyes. There was a boy who had gripped me tightly with his both     hands. His one arm was behind my neck and the other one around my waist. I    could see right into his bright blue eyes and he could see in my horrified ones.

"Are you okay?", he asked in his manly voice which sent a thousand butterflies in my stomach but I just gave him a simple shaky nod.

He then slowly pulled me up from the ground and removed his hands from my body. I stood upright and acted like nothing happened but it was hard as his eyes were still on me. I pulled myself away from him and bent down to pick up my books and he did the same to help me.

"I am fine, I don't need help." I protested, snatched the book that was in his hands       , stood up and walked away grabbing Anne from her arm towards class.

                                     ●●●  

The first class was of Math and I was really looking forward to a fresh new start at            school, especially in math. I entered the class and took my seat in the middle of the  class, sitting at the back creates so many distractions.

"Good morning, class. I am your Math teacher, Mr.Gerald." 

 When Mr.Gerald started speaking I tried my best to focus on each and every word he        says but I couldn't, I just kept thinking about  the embarrassing incident that just happened, I can not afford to deal with this right now.

'Knock, knock' came the sound from the door, everyone stared at the door and then Mr.Gerald said,"Come in."

"Hey!" I heard a voice, a voice that seemed familiar.

"I am supposed to be in this class."

"Well then come in and have a seat but this should not happen again, I don't like              people coming late to my class." said Mr.Gerald.

He came in, the boy who saved me from falling. There were two seats empty at the momment and one was just behind me. I crossed my fingers,"Please don't come here." I whispered to myself.

I never get what I want and there he was sitting right at the back, I groaned. I really    wanted to avoid him but better luck next time.

The class ended and I was exhausted but I have to restrain myself  from this exhaustion and get used to it if I want to progress.

Anne was super hungry so we went to the cafeteria to satisfy her hunger and there we saw Jordan Anne's ex-boyfriend, we both wanted to avoid him as he has done some awful things that we don't want to recall

"Let's go to the grill." Anne said and I agreed.

We walked towards my dad's BMW, I reached into my pocket for the car keys but they were not in it, I tried the other pocket and it wasn't there either. I started to panic, my heart rate raised after all it was my dad's car.

"Anne, I said with horror, "the keys are not in my pocket."

"That can't be possible, Oh My God!"

"What happened?" I ask

"I think when you fell, your keys dropped, I think."

"I guess you are right, let's go and find it." We both hurried and started to search for my lost key.

I sat on the floor and started to run my fingers slowly over it like a blind person will do. I was too scared I didn't know what to do and just then the bubble of memory popped inside my head and I remembered.

When I fell somebody saved me and I think when he helped me in picking up my books he found that key and maybe he stole it.

 I hope you guys are liking the story so far. Share your thoughts with me and I will see you guys in the next chapter. Until then Bye.