CHAPTER 7 | Intertwined

'Students should be taking the leaflets about the party held at school from their teachers, we hope to see you there'  was the announcement heard from the speakers in the corridor.

"Come on Charlotte, we need to get the leaflets." Anne said, held me by the arm and I followed her. I don't want to go but how can I tell this to Anne she was desperately waiting for this celebration as awards are presented to the popular kids and she loves to see who are those kids.  "Anne but--" I tried to tell her but she interrupts.

"No if's and but's, we are going and no change of plans." she orders and I stay silent, no-one can change Anne's mind she just stick to her plans. "Okay" I shrug.

We ask for the leaflets from Ms.Jenna our English teacher and she blissfully hands them over. Anne still has hold of me and slaps one of the leaflets in my chest "Ouch!, that hurts." I reply in agony.

                                                                                                                         ●●● 

I am sitting on my bed using my laptop to finish my homework assignment while Anne is too busy figuring out a outfit for me as she believes my fashion sense is late 90's which is so not true.

"No , no , no , no " she says while rejecting almost all of my outfits I can't believe she doesn't even like one of them. "Anne you should go and choose your dress I will figure out something." I say and push her out of the room and slam the door shut on her face, she knocks a couple of times and then gives up, finally.

I breathe out a sigh of relief but realize that now I have to choose a outfit and I should get to it because it's only three hours left for the party. In a hurry I pick out the outfit my mom bought for me as a Christmas present but I never got a chance to wear it.

It's a long flowy, mauve coloured dress with no sleeves or straps but a cut at one side which exposes one leg followed by a ribbon tied on the torso and you know what, it fits perfectly. I pair it with my black high-heels and my straight blond hair.

I examine myself in a full length mirror after I am ready, it feels fancy and I like it. The car honks and I know it's Anne, I rush out the door and settle myself in the car. "You look great, well you don't need to thank me I know my choices are out of this world." Anne praises herself.

"Yeah right, thanks Anne." I say sarcastically and we both laugh.

After a long drive we finally reach and Anne parks the car. I pull my long dress and step my feet out of the car carefully so that I don't trip. I fix my dress and start to walk  in the most stylish way possible. The setup was a lot similar to the last year party maybe they used the same decorations. The stage seemed to be different with flowers and the crowns for the winners.

When my mom was in high school she was one of the winners of this celebration but I never got the chance to become one or maybe I didn't want to. The DJ plays the music and it changes the whole feel of the party and everyone starts to dance.

I wanted something to drink so I requested Anne to bring me a glass of juice and surprisingly she listened to me. While I was waiting for her I watched the crowd dance. Someone from the back puts his hands on my shoulder and I turned and saw Daniel dressed up like he his from the royal family but we know he is not.

"Hi!" I say 

"Hey, are you okay ?" he asks.

"Yup I am fine." I pretend.

"Well that's good, so do you forgive me or not?" he asked the question which I was not willing to answer. But I gave him the slightest nod."Great!" his tone gets happier.

"I am bored, I didn't want to come Anne forced me and now she isn't giving me company." I complain.

"Come let's dance." he says and gives me his hand for a dance on a slow song. I hesitated but said yes, took his hand and we walked towards the dance floor.

Our fingers intertwined, with my one hand on his shoulder and his one hand on my waist we danced. I could feel heat rush through my body and my heart was beating so loud I thought he could hear. At one point I felt that I stepped on his foot but thank God that was just my imagination.

"You are looking beautiful and that ring totally puts the dress together." He compliments.

"Thanks, you look good too." I say but I know that is far away from the truth, I admit it.

"So... how's Anne?" He says while we are still dancing.

"She is perfectly fine, looks like she has locked that memory deep down in the bottom of her heart." I wish I could also do the same but I can't.

The music stops and I see Anne waving at me signaling that she got the juice."I have to go, see you later." I let go of his hand and walk towards Anne while I could still feel his eyes on me.