CHAPTER 6 | Heirloom

"Can I come in, sweetheart?" Mom said as she knocked on the door with her firm palms. I was in my bed, lying on my stomach with a book in my hand flipping through the pages and a coffee cup nearby, this has become my daily ritual it's like meditating, relaxing but in my own way and I love it.

 "Yes mom, come in!" I yell. My mom walked in with a small box in her hands, tied with a red  ribbon and dusted with sparkle which twinkled in my eye. "What's this, mom."

"See for yourself." she said with a excitement in her voice and a smirk on her face which for me was rare to see but it was awesome. I took the box from her and pulled of the ribbon which fell to the ground and removed the lid from the box which revealed a exquisite ring.

I pick it up and and feel puzzled by it's uniqueness and beauty. "This ring is your old family heirloom which got passed out from your great grand grand grand mother and it has to be given to every girl in the family when she turns 17 it's like a birthday gift. Wear it and never take it off." and she walked out the door giving me a set of jigsaw puzzle to solve.

                                                                                                                           ●●●  

"Hey Anne, are you feeling better now?" I inquired while on the drive to the grill, we wanted to go the grill the day Jordan kidnapped her so we decide to go now, joke around and forget all the misery our lives have provided us with.

"Yeah I am all right just forget about it and drive fast I can't wait to rock and roll." she replied and that's exactly what I did."Fasten up your seat belt Anne cause this ride is about to get fun."I said.

Anne and I entered the grill and the scent of the delicious food had gotten totally over us. We took our seats and the menu card was served, we flipped through the pages and I just couldn't decide what to order I was baffled by the options.

"I know you can't decide as usual, let me do it for you." Anne spoke on my behalf and ordered chicken salad and fresh orange juice for both of us. I know her choice kind of sounds like we are on a diet but truly speaking I am not but maybe someone else is.

While waiting for the order we chat and Anne notices my ring."Hey where did you get that ring from?It's so beautiful and.... magical." this is how she describes it.

"My mom gave it to me she says it's a family heirloom passed on from generations and it's given to the girls when they turn 17." just as I say this Anne gasps.     "Oh my God I totally forgot it's your birthday tomorrow, I am so sorry." she apologizes.                     
"It's not your fault, if I be honest with you I also forgot it is my birthday." I chuckle.

"Here's your order ladies." the waiter says and serves us with our so called 'not dieting food' and we instantly dip our forks in and munch on. This was our best experience in the grill so far and I know it will never be forgotten ( like my birthday ).

I took a taxi back home because Anne had to urgently leave as her mother just called and asked her to reach home, right now. I didn't have the keys so I rang the door bell and waited but no-one opened the door. I tried again and again no soul came, my heart beat fastened and I started banging the door.

For once I thought that Jordan did something to them so I called and thank God she picked up,"What happened honey?"she asked.                                                                                                                       
"Where are the keys? I am home."

"They are underneath the doormat,okay I have to go bye, love ya." she said and disconnected the call. I grabbed the keys from under the doormat and entered the house. Nothing went wrong today, finally once in a lifetime my day was fantastic but I still couldn't stop thinking about Daniel and that I did not even forgive him, even when he apologized.

 Nothing went wrong today, finally once in a lifetime my day was fantastic but I still couldn't stop thinking about Daniel and that I did not even forgive him, even when he apologized

I have been getting a lot of love from you guys, I am almost at 100 reads. I can't even express my feeling in words.   THANKS A LOT                                                                                                                                                                                                             Until the next chapter.