Chapter 1

Snow bounce down the ladder and looked up at her siblings. Night slowly walked down and then leaped off the ladder. He landed on Snow with an Oof!  "You have to land on the ground, Night!" Snow told him. "Not on me!"

"Sorry," he said. "Come on down, Dust!" He looked up seeing Dust walking down the ladder at a steady pace. "I'm coming," Dust said. 

As Dust got to the bottom, Snow sat up. "We're not too old to play kit games are we?"

"Of course not!" Night answered. 

Snow looked at Night then Dust and back to Night. "Let's play Tag! Not it!"

"Not it!"

"Dust you're it!" Snow meowed.

Dust sighed. "Dang it. Well, I'll give you guys a three second head start. One..."

Snow ran as far as she can from Dust, while Night hid behind a hay roll. 

"Two..."

Snow flattened her ears ready for Dust to chase her. 

"Three!" Dust dashed off towards Snow and Snow ran. The brown tom was gaining up to her. Snow picked up the pace and headed towards Night. Dust stopped as Night started to run a different way. He doesn't know who to chase! He must-

Dust leaped onto her and she kicked his stomach with her back legs, sending him flying. "Hey! Well, I got you still!" Dust meowed. Dust flicked his ears towards Shadow. She was sitting under the ladder watching them. "She's boring, isn't she?" Dust asked. Snow nodded.

"Boo!"

Snow and Dust jumped and turned around. "Night!" Snow playfully clawed his head. "Grr.. Watch out kitties! Imma claw your faces off!" Night rolled onto his back. Dust leaped and landed on Night's stomach. "Oof."

Snow looked up at her mother. She wrapped her white tail around her paws as she laid down. "Mom.. Sky," Snow began. "Who is our father?"  Sky closed her eyes and said nothing. 

"Sweetie, you have no father."

Snow stared at her mother - no, her foster mother - shocked. "W-what?! So you're telling me that we had to believe our father was dead or something?"

Sky nodded. "Yes dear-"

"No!" Snow hissed. "Don't call me 'dear' ever again!" She got up and leaped down the ladder. Her adopted siblings were staring at her. "We're not her children?" Dust whispered. Snow shook her head. Rage and disappointment was all she could feel. "That must be why we never saw our father!" Night snarled. "Because we have no father and no mother! We were so stupid believe she was our mother." 

Shadow stared at them.

Dust meowed, "We should leave this place. We can't live with Sky anymore."

Snow nodded. "I'll come." Night blinked. "Well," he started. "This place is good but... I guess we have to leave. So I'm in." Snow looked at Shadow who was still staring at them. She always stayed away from us. Is she going to come? "I won't come with you." Shadow said. 

Night flattened his ears. "Why not?"

"I love living with Sky and I am loyal to her."

"What?!" Night hissed. "Fine then! You can live with that sewer rat!" Sky walked down the ladder and looked at her adopted kittens. "Shadow, why don't we go hunting?" Shadow shrugged and then nodded. The two she-cats left Snow, Night, and Dust alone. "This is our time to leave!" Dust told them. 

"But... we should say bye to them.." Snow said quietly.

Night snorted. "They don't deserve our good-byes. Lets go." He leaped towards the entrance of the barn. Snow and Dust looked at each other and then followed Night. This is the day, Snow thought. The day we leave this stinkin' old barn.

This is my longest part I ever wrote so I hope you liked it! =)