Chapter 11

Night stretched and saw Ash and Cliff creeping out to the entrance. Everyone else was asleep. Until Snow woke up.

"Night...?" she said sleepily. Night licked her ear and then whispered, "I'm going to go outside for a while."

Snow slowly nodded and then laid down to go back to sleep.

Night caught up to the two toms.

"Ash, Cliff? Where are you going?" Night asked quietly. Ash turned his head.

"We're going out for a walk."

"Can I come?" Night asked.

Cliff nodded.

The three toms walked out and they were silent as they walked. Night soon broke the silence. "So, uh, do you guys do this often?

Ash shook his head. "Cliff and I wanted you tell you something that might be important."

"Okay. Go on then."

"So, you know how we first met? Well, before the fox attacked, Cliff and I met this cat named Bunny. She asked if she seen a kit that looks like her.

"She was disappointed and then asked if we could go to the nearest city to help her find her kit. Then the fox came out of nowhere and it started chasing Bunny until it smelled you.

"So instead it followed your scent. Anyways, when we got to the city, they told us how they lost their kit. It was a she-kit.

"Bunny said that she named her Cotton and Bunny also had two sons which are named Briar and Pigeon. They're father is Elm.

"Bunny and Elm were trying to find a new place to stay. Bunny carried Cotton and Elm carried the toms. You know those drain thingies that are on the sides of sidewalks?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Bunny almost fell in one but she accidentally dropped Cotton. Elm told Bunny to take Briar and Pigeon to the nearest alley while he tries to get Cotton.

"Bunny did just that but when Elm came back, he said that she went deeper into the drain."

Night blinked. They must have been really depressed when they lost her. "So why is this important?" Night asked.

"Don't you see?" Cliff meowed. "Bird looks just like Bunny! She could possibly be her daughter."

Night's eyes widen. "We found her in a pipe also! She has to be Bunny's daughter."

Ash looked back. "We should go get Bird and bring her to her family."

Night nodded in agreement.

Snow was waiting for them. "So how was your walk?" she asked Night.

"Fine," he replied. "We need to talk to Bird."

"Why?"

"We think we know who her parents are."

"Oh!" Snow meowed. She called out for Bird and the kit came to them.

"What is it?" Bird mewed.

"We need to take you to the city."

"Why?" Bird and Snow asked.

"Because we think we know who your parents are."

"Oh really?" Bird said excitedly.

"We'll be going to the city we found you in."

"Back there? Really?" A voice said. Dust cane over to them. "I don't really want to go there but if Bird is going, I'm going too."

"Me too." Snow said. "I'll just go tell Spots where we're going." She went to Spots and told her.

When Snow came back, they left.

Once they got to the city, Ash said, "Let's hunt for a while and then we'll go into the city." He and Cliff left the group while Dust was busy talking to Bird. Snow came over and sat besides Night.
"So, uh, how have you been?" Snow said awkwardly.
"I've been fine." Night replied.
"Are you glad that we're taking Bird to her parents?"
Night shrugged. "Yeah.. Maybe.." Hmm... "Do you think Bird will have to stay in the city once we get her to her family?" Night asked.
Snow shrugged. "I don't know. It's pretty much up to Bird and her parents. Anyways, have you seen how much time Dust spends with Bird?"
Night looked at the two cats. The tabby tom could see that they were enjoying their time together.
"Yeah. Do you possibly think that they'll become mates?"
Snow laughed. "What do you think? Of course they're going to be mates."
They two were quiet. Night lashed his tail back and forth. When he stopped lashing his tail, Snow wrapped her tail around his. Night didn't know how he should feel.

Dust looked at Night and Snow. Their tails were wrapped together. When Night saw him stare, he quickly pulled his tail away from Snow's. He gave Dust a stare. Dust sticked his tongue out at him.
"Dust! Dust!" Bird squeaked. "Ash and Cliff are coming!"
Dust nodded. The two toms were hold two pieces of prey each. Ash had a mouse and a sparrow while Cliff had a squirrel and a thrush.
They placed their prey down. Bird quickly ran over and grabbed the thrush. "Lef's share!" Bird meowed.
"Okay little warrior," Dust purred. As they ate the thrush, Snow picked the mouse, Night picked the sparrow, while Ash and Cliff shared the squirrel.

The cats finished their meals. Ash faced them. "We'll start going that way." He flicked his tail towards a wall. "We'll just jump over it and from there on, follow me and Cliff."
The cats nodded.

Yes, I realized that I put Night's POV a little too often.
*cough cough* There's totally no love anywhere *cough cough*