Chapter 6

A little she-kit was laying down, slightly still. She was about four days old, Snow guessed. The white she-cat laid down and folded her paws against her chest. Snow picked up the kit and placed it against her stomach. Snow started to clean the kit.

"Snow?" She heard Night call from the back. "Why did you stop?"

"S-she found a kit!" Dust replied.

Night pushed pass Dust and looked at the kit. He nugged his head against the kit. "We're gonna keep her."

Snow looked at him, surprised. "We are? I mean, We're barely old enough to be parents."

"Well, we could start being parents to this kit. We'll name her Bird."

Snow nodded and closed her eyes.

Four months had passed since the three cats found Bird. She was growing strong, intelligent, and kind. Snow looked at Bird. She was playing with Night happily. "Night," Snow meowed.

Night looked up at Snow. "Hmm?"

"We should tell her.." Snow said quietly. Night said nothing.

"Bird.. Snow and I have to tell you something," Night meowed.

"Okay, what is it?" she asked.

"Well.." Night began. He sighed. "We're not your parents."

Bird just stared at them. What is she gonna say? Snow wondered.

"So?" She finally said. "Just because you and Night aren't my parents that doesn't mean you two can be my foster parents."

Snow sighed. At least she wasn't mad at them. Like when we were mad at Sky.. Snow thought bitterly. She pushed the thought away.