I

I woke up groggily to the buzzing of my cellphone on the nightstand, groaning in annoyance..

"Who the hell could me texting me at 5 o' clock in the morning?!" I pick up the phone to see a number of disturbing text messages from my friend Dan, who I've not heard from in nearly a year.

Dan: Hey, are u there?

it's Dan

I messed up

I'm sorry..

My eyes blink rapidly to adjust to the brightness as my fingers bounce on the keyboard..

Seven: Dan?

It's uh, been awhile. Are you okay?

What happened?

Less than a minute later, I got another text..

Dan: I went back into the woods.

I had to make sure, i had to prove to myself that it was all in my head

But it isn't, Seven

It's all real, HE'S real

Seven: Dan? Are you drunk?

What's real?

Dan:

I hear him whispering, just like when we were kids

Seven:

Stop it, Dan, We made all that stuff up.

Mr. Red was just a dumb kid's game that got outta control.

He doesn't exist, he never did.

Dan:

He does.

He's here with me now.

Seven:

Wait, where are you?

Dan:

I can hear him in the trees.

I hear him whispering...

Suddenly, a harsh TAP TAP TAP on my window makes me jump, I practically throw my phone across the room. My heart drops as I let out a scream.

A dark shape looms over the window, fumbling for the light switch with my heart hammering, light floods the room to reveal..

"Dan?? The hell are you doing here?" I say shocked.

"Can I come in?" he brushes off the question, I contemplate it but lets him in regardless. I open the window just enough for Dan to scurry inside.

"First of all, why are you here in 5 in the morning? We have our first day of senior year in, literally, 3 hours! And what's with the creepy text messages? You sounded freaked out.." I rushed, my demeanor changing from scared to annoying quickly.

"It's nothing, I'm fine. Let's go get the others?" He gestures out the window.

"Others? What others?"

"Our friends! Stacy, Lily, Noah, Ava, Lucas, and Andy! I gotta show you something but we need everyone," He smiles slightly, but even under that friendly exterior something seemed off. Way off.