1.6 | 별 빛

S T A R L I G H T

»»-------------¤-------------««

Sometimes, infinity exists in between seconds.

You can find it in moments where the lapse of time seemed to pause for just a fraction of forever. You can find it in moments where you feel as if the world's rotation had slowed down along with the minutes.

Moments that sparkle under the drapery of stars - moments like these.

My mind still stumbling over your compliment, all I managed to do was simply look at you, stunned. As if you held the answer to my universe.

Because maybe, in a way, you are the answer itself, the revelation I needed.

Even if your universe ended up being someone else.

Soon, though, we both brushed it off - our gazes still shy, our movements still stilted even as you invited me to sit next to you like I always do everytime we stargaze.

And as I did so, the right side of my body lined up against yours, each nerve in my body acutely aware of yours. Pear and mint enveloped me in an instant, the familiar scent of yours a welcome sensation.

You scooted closer on instinct, chasing my warmth, the edges of our pinky fingers barely grazing as I settled in close.

Without thinking, you grabbed the yellow blanket you always kept on the sofa and gently draped it around our shoulders, the fabric slightly rustling in the wind.

"You know what I love most about the stars?"

Your voice lilted in my ears, soft like golden honey, as you pointed at the tranquil ocean of stars above. A dreamy smile cradled your lips.

"Because when we look at the stars, we're looking at a part of ourselves."

I knitted my eyebrows. "What?"

You nodded excitedly, a cute twinkling look in your eyes appearing as you continued to speak with passion.

"Essentially, we are created from the stars. A long, long time ago, supernova explotions lit up the galaxies like a firework show. Here the dispersed bits and pieces of material leftover then began to dance, separating and fabricating and rearranging.

So the atoms that had built the constellations eons ago were then woven in complex mosaics - to form our bones and being; to form us."

A breath-taking sense of peacefulness seemed to wash over me then - as I realized how truly small and insignificant I was, staring down the history of the universe.

Like an ant facing a colony of stars.

I looked at you then, and you me. Our gazes found each other, smiles spreading on both our lips.

My tone was full with awe as I whispered back: "so that means we are stars incarnate?"

You then nodded your head, a slow dip in your chin as you contemplated my words with a soft smile.

"In a way, yes. Because we, too, are made of stardust."

And then your arm slipped around my waist and tugged me closer against the side of your body.

I nearly gasped at the unexpected skinship.

Without warning, without a word - you let your head gently drop onto my shoulder then, a movement that made my heart beat in beautiful disbelief.

"I'm sleepy now," you mumbled softly, your eyes now slightly droopy as you continued to quietly stare at the scenery of the sky.

High above us, the drapery of stars and constellations scattered the azure blue of the dark night sky. Deep swaths of clouds would occasionally pierce their light, and the low moon hung to the side like an ornament.

And on the rooftop, my heart continued to shine with a glow rivalling that of starlight.

Because there we were - just two souls entwined under a yellow blanket, whispering all the secrets of the world to each other, safe and warm and secure.

For a second, I even forgot about her.

And so, as you watched the stars, I watched you.

»»-------------¤-------------««

A/N: i apologize if my stardust explanation thingy is wrong; i'm most definitely not a science expert (there's a reason i flunked chemistry, oops).

anyway, thank you for reading and i hope you enjoy the fluff! university is not giving me enough time to reply daily but i appreciate every single soul who reads this book. may you one day find a jimin to your byul as well. ❤