Chapter 1

Arianna's POV

**2 days later**

I crouched over the stream and dipped my cupped hands into the water to wash my face and fill my empty water skin. I was carefull not to let my chocolate,waist length, braided hair dip into the stream. After I was done I let the water settle in one of the surrounding pools and used it as a mirror to check that I had no leaves or twigs in my hair, I looked directly at my silvery-grey eyes that some people said were beautiful and some people said were unnerving.

I stood up straight and brushed the dry mud of my female airbender clothes, I grabbed my glider and ran full on off a cliff. I bended the air to keep me above the clouds and out of sight.

Soon I was gliding over the far southen islands of the earth kingdom, the sun was high in the sky when I finally spotted the island I was searching for. early last year I was drawn to this place, maybe it was the name or (as a sort of friend would say) maybe it was destiny or fate.

I came here regularly to visit my friends, one of which is like my sister. None of them know of my fire bending save for my soul sister, who knows about both my air and fire bending and also 2 men who aren't really my friends and only knows about my fire bending, and one of them really doesn't like me, especially after I threatened to burn his pony tail off.

I landed gracefully on the cove that for some reason had a fishy-serpenty-thing that never failed to scare me. I pulled out a dark, forest green cloak that had a hood. I stashed my bag and glider in a bush near the cove to stop them getting in my way and pulled up the hood to hide my face.

Every time I visit we play a game, its where I pretend to be an enemy and they have to catch me but they don't always know that I'm coming so it just makes it all the more intresting. I quickly scaled a tree and stealthily hopped from branch to branch but not trying my hardest in order to give them a chance.

Soon I had 2 people trailing me on the ground and 2 in the trees. I chuckled to my self and sped up, leaving the miles behind. In the distance I could hear the alarm bells of the village my friends are sworn too protect. Shaking my head, I ran towards the alarms thinking 'they never learn, after all this practice'.

I lept from the trees to the rooftops of the village the to the ground of the deserted square. I looked around puzzeled the heard a almost silent flutter of fans, I grinned, they were learning. Suddenly 20 warriors ran out from the houses catching me off guard and trapping me in a mass of hugs. I squirmed and wriggled as much as I could in a vain attempt to escape from my 20 friend's bone crushing hugs.

"All right girls that enough" a familar voice called from out of my sight. Reluctantly all the girls released me and giggled as I fell to the floor gasping for breath.

I looked up from under my hood and saw Suki, my soul sister and leader of the Kiyoshi warriors. We both grinned and hugged.

"Suki its been too long" I grinned at her.

"Hmm... maybe not long enough" she joked "i believe that this puts us as 27 - 14 to you" she said referring to our game.

"Yeah, you better keep training your letting yourself go a bit" she gasped in fake hurt and whacked me in the back of the head causing my hood to fall off . I heard a faint gasp and spun round.

My eyes widened to the size to plates as they skimmed over th arrow tattoos and the airbender clothes.

"Aang..."