CHAPTER 46: Screams In The Silence

I screamed, my voice shooting up a few pitches

It echoed through the pit and shortly around the surrounding trees that were blocked from my view.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME?" I screamed in despair. What if they'd given up and had gone home? Or what if Lazarus had found them and ...

No. They were still alive, I knew it. They were searching for me. Don't give up!

I knew by now that the pit was far from the bungalow. So if I screamed, he wouldn't be able to hear. No one would.

But if I escaped, he wouldn't be able to find me. Right?

I was counting on it. So, taking another deep breath, I yelled again, my neck craning as I stared up at the opening of the hole, the starry sky blocked by the swaying leaves of the trees.

"SOMEBODY! HELP ME! I'M IN A PIT, I'VE BEEN FUCKING KIDNAPPED FOR FUCKS SAKE AND I'M COUNTING ON YOU FINDING ME SO PLEASE GODDAMN HURRY!"

I breathed heavily, my anger rising. The police were useless apparently. My friends were putting themselves at risk by trying to do what the police weren't, and they'd pay for it if Lazarus found them.

For the next hour, I screamed and shouted, but no one came to my rescue. So after I lost my voice, I hopelessly laid down on the moist soil, feeling let-down and empty.

I got myself thrown down here for nothing. No one was going to find me, and I was going to starve again.

Since I'd only been eating for about a week, I wasn't completely healed from the effects of last time. So they took action earlier now, and I could feel my insides squirming for the pain that was yet to come as I fought for my life once more.

A/N

Ahh, shit, here we go again.

Do you think what Xander heard was Karissa screaming? Or was that a complete fluke and is he in a completely different place to where she is? Find out soon... VOTE!

deainlustris