CHAPTER 55: Taunts and Threats

Xander laughed and spat blood out of his mouth.

This only seemed to aggravate Lazarus further, and Xander received another punch to the jaw. He held in a groan, instead laughing louder, trying not to swallow his own blood.

"What kind of a fucking name is Lazarus?" Xander guffawed. But really, his blood was boiling. It was all he could do to not spit his blood onto Lazarus' face. Xander's hands were chained to the wall behind him, and he was on his knees; his ankles were tied together too, so that he was forced to kneel. A position too vulnerable and submissive for Xander's liking.

"Your petty taunts are pathetic," Lazarus growled, and Xander smirked at him. If they were so pathetic, why were they aggravating him to such an extent?

"I don't know whether to murder you or your girlfriend first," Lazarus continued, delicately taking out a handkerchief and wiping Xander's blood off of his hands.

Xander froze.

Lazarus, though he was busy rubbing blood off of his fingers, immediately noticed Xander's sudden lack of movement. He smiled lightly to himself; he'd confirmed Xander's weak point.

How adorable, Lazarus thought to himself.

"You won't get to murder either of us, you sick bastard," Xander murmured threateningly, fury lacing his words. Lazarus felt a flare of excitement; he liked this reaction. This ... angry, protective reaction. Xander would be a fun one to torture; he would take a long time to break. But when he broke, he would be so completely shattered that he'd be begging for death.

Lazarus met Xander's deadly gaze amusedly.

"How naive you and your friends are," he muttered. "Lorelei seems to be the only one who knows what I'm capable of."

Xander snorted. "Yeah, more like what you're not capable of. You let her escape twice, remember? She knows you're just a failure, you fucking dumbass —"

Xander was silenced as he was hit across the head with the handle of a revolver with incredible force. He fell unconscious, his head falling forward, but his chains kept him in the same kneeling position. Lazarus put the gun away, breathing heavily. He screamed at himself mentally; why the fuck was he letting a sixteen-year-old's hysterical taunts get to his head?

Lazarus promised himself that Xander would die the most painful death of all of them — even Lorelei. Lazarus had grown to love Lorelei; she was his fiery object, his punchbag, his stress ball. When he felt like it, he would break her down, torture her, cut her. And when he couldn't because he was someplace else, he'd discreetly take out his polaroids and look at them, admire his handiwork, admire how he made patterns of blood spread across her skin, how he made her scream although she was so strong-willed. And slowly, he'd calm down.

Killing her would be the happiest moment of his life.

But first, he had to torture her. And Xander, and Grace, and the other two — what were their names? — Simon and Corina. He had to torture them all, physically and mentally. He'd experimented, he'd researched them all — he knew all about emotional torture... Oh, they had no clue what they were in for.

Lazarus chuckled to himself. He knew very well that he was a sociopath; he loved it. Sociopaths were admirable; they were collected on the outside, completely sane, just like any normal person. But on the inside, it was a completely different platform; they were intelligent, charming, yet so, completely, totally insane. The word 'inhumane' was made just for them.

Lazarus took a picture of Xander. Well, four, to be exact. From quite a few different angles, so that he could see all of his injuries. The purple and blue bruise blossoming on Xander's cheek; the gleaming blood around his mouth; the bruises around his ankles and wrists from the shackles ...

After he was done, Lazarus got up, silently and gracefully, like a feline. Exiting, he locked the door behind him and went to visit the other two prisoners.

A/N

VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Feedback is appreciated :)
Hope you liked this part : Xander's second interaction with Lazarus. It do be gettin kinda spice up in here doe

See you in the next part, which will be very soon (trust me) sooo HANG ON READERS!

deainlustris