Chapter 6

My H/L, H/C draped over my forehead ( And face if you have long hair ) as I lay in bed, letting my alarm ring for a few seconds.

"Y/N! Turn off your alarm!" My mom shouted from the other room, making me flinch and come back into reality. I leant to the side and turned it off, sitting up.

"Mmh" I got up and grabbed my uniform, dressing at a slow, distracted rate.

After I'd gotten my uniform on, I heard a knock at my bedroom door. "Y/n? Your bus will be at the bus stop soon, you should hurry up" my Dad said from the other side of the door.
"Okay Dad, I'm almost ready!" I started to hurry up and ran out my room, leaving the house quickly.

"Y-Y/n! What about breakfast?" My mom called from the door.
"I'm not hungry!" I called, continuing my sprint for the bus stop.

I made it just as the bus closed it's door; Isabelle asked the bus driver to wait a moment. I climbed on, panting, and thanked the driver, sitting down heavily beside Isabelle.

"Good morning! How come you were late?" Issy asked.
"I, uh, got distracted..." I fiddled with a piece of paper in my hands.
"Oooooooh what's that? Lemme see!"

I let her take the small slip of paper and watched her eyes glitter.
"Oh my gooosh!,"She giggled and gave me the paper, "That's awesome! Maybe someone likes you? Can I come? I could hide in a bush and be all sneky~" she made a motion like she was crawling; I giggled. "I'd rather go alone, but I'll let you know how it goes"
Isabelle pouted and nodded, making me giggle.

~

I sat tapping my school desk, listening to the teacher talk about the different types of energy. He looked over at me.
"Y/n, can you name a type of energy?" I sat up.
"Kinetic energy"
"Correct! Now, pidge, can you name... two types?" He turned to pidge who sat two seats away from me. She nodded and cleared her throat.
"Gravitational and thermal energy" she smiled.
"Well done, now who can name three?" He continued to talk as I momentarily zoned out:

I wonder who gave me that note, I'd imagine... it was Keith, we did kiss... I mean, do I even like him? I guess I do, we did talk a lot and did make some jokes, it was nice. He is also handsome... what am I saying? I should focus on the lesson, looks like we're making notes, I should get on that...

~

At lunch I sat with my friend group:
Shiro, Hunk, Lance, Pidge, Isabelle, Diana and Keith was there too, and we did talk, but nervously. I was blushing a little bit as I ate my food.

"Hey Y/N your cheeks are red, do you have a fever?" Shiro asked. I blinked and touched by cheeks. "No, I'm just... warm I guess" he nodded and brushed it off, turning back to Pidge and Hunk; they were telling him about their new machine they created.

I sighed and glanced at Keith. I caught him looking at me and he turned away, clearing his throat. With a small smile I continued to eat my lunch.

~

After school.
I was slightly dreading it but here I was, standing under a cherry blossom tree, watching as the rosy cherries flicked in the soft wind. Something in my stomach felt wrong but I trusted myself and whoever wanted to meet me.

When I heard footsteps walking over in the grass, I turned with a hesitant breath, partly relieved to see Keith, it was just Mullet boy.

He stepped under the tree with me, his hand messing with his dark haired mullet.
"Hey" He said simply, nervously looking at me. I fiddled with the hem of my skirt and looked up at him.
"So, what did you need to talk about?"
That's when he took his hand away from his mullet softly, looking into my E/C eyes.
"Well, I don't know how to say this but... well after we...kissed... I kept thinking about it and now I realised how much I... how much I l-like you" he looked away nervously, his cheeks a rosy pink, like the cherry blossoms above his head.

I smiled.
"Keith" I softly, but nervously, took his hands; I could feel that they were sweaty from nerves.
"Y-yeah?" His deep eyes looked into mine.
"I couldn't stop thinking about it too, and I think I like you too. I know we haven't known each other for a while but I want to give this a try if y-you're willing to" I swallowed hard and I kept my grip on his hands.

"Y/n....," He looked at me softly,
"I...yes, l-let's do it. We've kissed, what else could go wrong?" He finished his words confidently, a smile on his face. I smiled back.

I pulled his toward me and hugged him, feeling the cool touch of his jacket against my cheek and I pressed it against his chest. He hugged me back and felt my hair brush against his cheek.
We stayed there for a few moments, relishing it.

"What's going on here?"