Chapter 8

School had just ended and I began to rush home, excited for my date. I flung open my door and rushed into the bathroom, showering. I used my scented soaps and finished up.

After drying my damp [H/C] hair and tying it up, I put my make up on and got dressed into a cute pastel sweater and a white skirt. I put on my matching converse and stopped to call Keith:
RING RING, RING RING-
"Hello?"
"Hiya Keith!"
"Hey [Y/N]"
"When did you say you would pick me up again?"
"In an hour, don't tell me you're already dressed?" I could tell he was smirking.
"Y-Yeah, I just hurried and got a bit excited"
"That's fine, I'll come around sooner then, see you in 10"
"See ya"
BEEP

"Aaah....." I let out a dreamy sigh. I can't believe I have a date with him! With a skip I went to sit down and watch some TV. I put on a documentary about... what kind of animal is that...? Anyway I watched it for a bit until I heard a knock at the door. I jumped and instantly switched off the TV, rushing to the door.

I flung it open with a smile and-
"Hello Miss, I have a package for this address"
I was the mailman.
"O-oh thank you" I politely took it off him with a thank you and put the package down, turning back to close the door, but what do I see? A nervous Keith standing behind the mailman, stepping forward when he left.

Keith gave a nervous smile and held out a little rose.
"Hi" He messed with his mullet and stepped forward and I took the road gently, leaning in to kiss I'm on the cheek.
"Hi, thank you" I put the flower into some water and left holding his hand.

"So where do you want to go?" Keith asked.
"Hmmm..... the cat cafe!"

~

"Do you like cats Keith?" I asked, a huge smile on my face as I patted a cat beside me.
"Yeah I guess, but they seem to not like me...." he looked at the cat you were fussing and it glared at him.

"Hah, come on the wittle kittwwy wwon't biwte~" I put on a silly voice and teased him. He rolled his eyes with a smile and offered his hand to the cat, watching as it sniffed it and brushed against it.

"See! You're a master"
"Okay maybe this one cat likes me, but that doesn't prove anything!"
We laughed and continued to chat aimlessly, sipping on our drinks.

Eventually we left and wandered around town for a bit.

I became aware of Keith's hand close to mine and I slipped my hand into his. He tended and slowly gripped back, looking at me. We smiled.
"Want to go back to my house and watch some movies? It's getting late" Keith asked. I nodded excitedly and we hurried to his house.

~

[5 hours later]
I began to drift off into slumber, and my head bobbed sleepily. Keith put his hand on my shoulder and slowly leant me against him.
"Go to sleep" he said quietly, turning down the volume of the film.

I smiled and closed my eyes, falling asleep... it's been great.