ten

chapter ten

an: long chapter love me please! vote and comment if you enjoy! x

'you are not wearing that to the party.' morgan commented, shaking her head as she lazed in the middle of my newly decorated room, hand fiddling with the fairy lights. she'd straightened her hair into its normal, shoulder length style, added eyeliner and darker shadow to her make up; she looked so different to the way she appears for school. she had on black pants that had white vertical stripes going down to the ankles, and a sleeveless white crop top. on her feet were white slip on vans, which she waved in the air as she sighed in disapproval.

'what's wrong with what i'm wearing?' i retorted with a frown, glancing down at my attire. i looked smart, with grey chinos and a red polo shirt.

'no, no, no.' my sister muttered under her breath, moving towards my wardrobe and telling me to sit down. i did as she said, watching her throw out several random articles of clothing before cheering in victory. 'this is so cute! why do you never wear this?' she exclaimed in disbelief, pulling out my favourite harry styles top. it was black, and in the centre stood the boy, shirtless with all his tattoos on display.

i blushed deeply, shrugging my shoulders, muttering that i only wear it to bed. she threw it in my direction, demanding that i put it on. after a few more moments of rummaging in my closet, another triumphant noise was heard as she pulled out a pair of black, super-skinny jeans that i'd never worn before. i'd got sent them by accident, arriving instead of a pair of suit pants i'd ordered. never bothering to send them back, they had sat crumpled at the bottom of my cupboard ever since.

'i am not wearing those.'

morgan scoffed, reaching for the scissors and taking them from my desk. 'yes, you are.' she answered curtly, dragging the blade across the material, ignoring my cries as she ruined a perfectly good piece of clothing. after a few minutes, she threw them in my face. ripped jeans. they weren't small rips, either, they were gaping and looked like something someone from the british show "skins" would wear.

huffing, i kicked her out my room for a few seconds whilst i changed. my pale complexion peaked out of the black holes, and the harry shirt felt comfortably loose on my skinny frame. i stole a weak glance at myself in the mirror, exhaling a breath i didn't even know i was holding when i realised i actually looked good. i looked normal for my age, like i could fit in if i walked with a group of teenagers.

morgan soon came bursting in, gasping and saying that for once i didn't look like i was in my mid forties. i rolled my eyes, glancing at the clock. it was 9:20 pm, and we still had a twenty minute drive ahead of us. we were bound to be late, regardless of whether we left now or in ten minutes time. despite this, after putting on a little aftershave and shoving my feet into my checkerboard vans, i was tugged out the house and into the white bmw that sat on the forecourt, watching as my sister excitedly jumped around in her chair.

'what's gotten into you?' i asked with a chuckle, 'have you not seen andrew out of school in a while?' i knew that he never came to our house, nor did she ever go round his, so i wondered if the only time they hang out was either at the parties she went to on weekends, or in school lunch and break times.

morgan let out a laugh. 'honestly, ry, i know you're smart but you do realise that one of us, whether it's me or andrew, sneak round to the others every single night?'

my eyes widened as i smirked, shaking my head. how had my parents never noticed? 'you're insane, morgan. actually insane.' she stuck her tongue out at me, asking that i hit the gas. i did as she said, and within ten minutes we were pulling into the sandy car park.

lucidity | shyland ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara