thirteen

chapter thirteen

the second my eyes shut, they soon flickered open again. my hand was raised, ready to knock on the door of the house shane had brought me to a couple of weeks ago. shrugging, hitting my hand against the wood and within a few seconds, i heard a click as the bolt was unlocked. the door opened and shane was stood on the other side, a lazy grin on his face.

'hello beautiful. what a nice surprise.' he said softly, taking my hand in his and pulling me inside. the door shut behind him with a creak as i followed him into the kitchen. there was a mess of chocolate covered spoons and baking mixture spread across the counter, a recipe book open on a random page. when i looked closely at shane, i noticed he had a little flower on his oversized grey shirt, which he'd paired with black and red basketball shorts.

'what's going on here?' i asked with a smile, peering around the kitchen. shane was lucky that his parents were away for a whole three weeks; mine and morgan's never left for longe than a weekend. music was playing from his portable apple speakers quietly in the background as he began throwing used utensils into the sink.

shane snorted. 'i'm making brownies, isn't it obvious?' he pointed towards the oven, which had a tray of goods cooking in. they looked good, i admitted, and swiped my finger around the empty bowl to get any left over mixture. 'oh, you might not wanna do that.' he said quickly, grabbing the bowl away from me.

'what?' i laughed, looking at him incredulously. was he really one of those intense bakers who didn't let someone try anything until it was completely finished? surely not.

'they've got mdma in. my friend's got a mate, gave me a couple of grams for twenty bucks.' my face contorted, staring at the glob of mixture on my finger before shrugging and placing it on my tongue. i'd never done drugs before; surely it wouldn't effect me badly, though? i was dreaming, it's not like anything could happen and i wouldn't wake up completely sane.

shane walked towards me, shaking his head. slowly, he brought his hand up to the hem of my t-shirt, playing with the soft white fabric. his mouth was near my ear as he leant forward, pressing my body completely against the back of the cupboard. 'i'm a bad influence on you, ryland adams.' he murmured, smirking.

i hummed in agreement. 'i guess you'll have to teach me a lesson then.' i whispered, curling my hands into his auburn hair as his lips touched my ear, tongue dancing across my cartilage as he bit down softly.

'i guess i will.' he growled, making me laugh as he picked me up and placed me on the countertop, standing between my thighs and letting me wrap my legs around his waist. i pressed my lips against his, my tongue brushing against his as he pinned me down, his eyes dark.

we were interrupted only a minute afterwards by the oven beeping. i didn't really feel anything from the mixture, maybe i'd tried some that weren't spiked yet. shane sighed heavily as he pulled away from my lips, adjusting his trousers quickly as he walked over to the stove. he pulled the tray out with oven gloves, making him look all cute and homely, before placing them to cool for a few minutes on the counter.

he returned to his previous position, kissing my lips once more before suggesting that we take the food up to his room. i eagerly nodded, stomach filled with butterflies as i touched my lips because holy shit could he kiss.

'if you sort the stepladder out, ry, i'll put the brownies onto plates and meet you up there.' shane grinned, turning his back on me. i jumped off the counter and stepped into the hallway, reaching for the hatch above my head and pulling it downwards. the ladder soon unfolded right before me, and after kicking my sneakers off i climbed up the wooden steps towards his bedroom.

my feet sunk into the carpet as i exhaled deeply. his room felt like home, so welcoming and cosy. walking over to the wall he had covered with pictures, i traced my fingers over a few new additions. a singular photo made my eyes bulge out of my head; there was one of me, sat on the top of the hill. my eyes were screwed up as i laughed, head dipped back, a cigarette hanging between my two fingers.