eighteen

chapter eighteen
an: this is the most difficult chapter i've ever had to write but here we gooooo

i rolled over to opened my eyes, jumping a little when i saw shane's blue orbs staring into me. i was dreaming, i quickly realised, this wasn't garrett's room. his mouth quirked into this little side smile, and he reached his hand out to trace the pad of his finger over my bruised face.

'how do you still look so beautiful, with all these cuts over your face?' he asked softly, making me hum quietly and snuggle into his chest. he wrapped an arm round my frail body, letting my head rest against his chest. i could hear his heart beating as my ear rested against the cotton fabric of his t shirt; the thumps were regular and quick. 'how are you feeling?'

'sore.' i said quietly, my lips hurting as i pronounced words. every time i closed my eyes, flashbacks of morgan screaming as my dad held me against a wall flooded my brain. i don't even remember falling asleep today, i must've passed out from complete exhaustion.

'd'you want something to drink?' he murmured against my hair as he kissed my forehead. i agreed, asking for some water. shane stretched, cracking his knuckles before standing up out of the bed and flew to the door.

he flew to the door.

i scrunched my nose, trying not to splutter in shock. maybe my head was just hurting and i had imagined it? i blinked a few times, squeezing my eyes shut for a second before opening them again. his feet were still hovering a few inches off the ground; it looked like something from a vampire film, where the actor can move at a million miles an hour.

'ryland, why are you looking at me weirdly?' he asked, his voice out of sync with the way his mouth moved – almost like when you watch a dodgy copy of a tv show on a free movie website. his words were out of time.

i jolted up in shock, covered in sweat, greeted with a pitch black room. grabbing my phone, i checked the time; it was 1am. i'd never woken up like that from a dream before, and how the hell was shane flying? my dreams were always mirroring real life, there was never any supernatural occurrences. with a sigh, i turned my pillow over and rested my head on the cold fabric, willing myself back to sleep.

it took me around ten or fifteen minutes to fall back into slumber, and when i did i was relieved to see shane sat on his bed, checking his hair with the mirror from his bedside table. he was wearing a different outfit to earlier, but i let this slip by with the excuse that he must've changed. a black v neck was taught against his chest, sculpting his pecks and arm muscles, and his hair was messily styled into a quiff.

i tried to walk over to him but for some reason i was frozen. my limbs wouldn't move, and i tried to open my mouth to speak but i couldn't. my throat felt as though it was lodged. i watched as shane stood up, walking towards me. except, instead of asking me what was wrong, he grabbed a bottle of after shave from the dresser next to me, spritzing a little on his neck before placing it back on the table. their was a clock on next to the small bottle, which read two minutes to twelve. the window let in no light albeit the moon's, the sky cold and dark.

i heard a knock on the trap door to his bedroom, to which shane yelled 'come on up!' to, checking his hair in the mirror once more. a flash of blonde appeared and my eyes almost fell out of my head when i saw garrett climb up the ladder.

'hey gorgeous.' shane said with a smirk as the tall boy walked over to him and pressed a kiss on his lips.

garrett hummed in reply, sitting next to him on the bed and deepening their kiss. 'it's a bit late for a booty call.' he muttered and crawled onto shane's lap, making my boy groan slightly. i opened my mouth to yell at them to stop but nothing happened, no sound came out. it wasn't long before they were taking each other's clothes off, and as hard as i tried to squeeze my eyes shut or wake up it wouldn't work. it was like an out of body experience, like i was watching some kind of crazy movie that i couldn't eject from the dvd player.