𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. Visiting the Velociraptors

"So.... What do you do here?" Gray asked looking at her.

"I'm a trainer, so..." Kate shrugged.

"Trainer?! No way! What species do you train?" He excitedly asked.

"I train the raptors. Velociraptors."

"Velociraptors?!!" Gray exclaimed, "But— You have got the velociraptors in here?? But I thought they didn't have them here yet! There was no mention of velociraptors on the website— does it mean it's a new project in progress? Maybe you will bring them out to public when they are ready?"

"Yes, you got that right," she winked at him.

Gray hopped excitedly, "Did you here that, Zach, she trains Velociraptors? Velociraptors!"

"What's so fascinating about the Velciratops?" Zach yawned.

"Not Velociratops! It's Velociraptors!" Gray corrected him.

"Yes, whatever..." Zach rolled his eyes.

But Gray was excited. "Of course, I don't know everything about the Velociraptors, but I do know that they're known as pack animals, that they live and hunt in small packs, and are one of the most intelligent species... Alpha predators, they are... Oh and also, very fast! Hypothetically, they should be able to run upto... about 40 miles per hour!"

"Wow, that is very amazing, Gray. You know a lot!" Kate smiled appreciatively and gave a pat on his shoulder. Beaming, Gray grinned, perhaps what was his first time, being appreciated for his knowledge.

But of course Zach did not seem as excited as Kate about this, for he already was too used to his range of knowledge. "It's cool I guess, but encourage him like this and he will never stop again," he teased, peeking at Gray by corner of his eyes who only rolled eyes at him.

"It really is cool, though. I am as curious and intrigued by dinosaurs like him," she wriggled a brow at Zach as though she was a little amused, then focused at Gray with a warm smile, "So yeah, feel free to enlighten me with everything you know about dinosaurs. And, I can correct you or elaborate on some of them since I, too, happen to know a little about a few dinosaurs," she winked at Gray to cheer him up.

"Really? You're really cool!" Gray was sparkling in delight as his hand shot up in air for a high-five and Kate gave him one. Zach looked somewhat amused at their enthusiasm which he kept it to himself as he shook his head with a chuckle.

"So, how do you train them? Don't they ever try to hurt you?" Gray was throwing questions at her unable to contain his curiosity and Kate patiently answered on.

"Well, they remain in a highly secured paddock, also they were imprinted with us right after their birth, so they are quite attached to us. We share a connection, like a bonding. Not like that of between a owner and its pet. There's more intimacy, and, better understanding since they have high intelligence, and it's a connection based on... respect, trust... from both sides," said Kate, thinking how to word it correctly. "But also, they are wild animals, they have natural predatory instincts as well, so I wouldn't suggest them as a trustworthy or friendly companion. You wouldn't wanna see their scary side."

Zach looked intrigued for the first time. He looked at her earnestly, "Can we go to see your, uhm...Ve—Veloce- ratops?"

"—Raptors! V-e-l-o-c-i-r-a-p-t-o-r-s!" corrected Gray.

"Yes, them," Zach furtively glared at Gray but he was not really looking.

Kate snickered at Zach's sudden enthusiasm. "What's with you boys liking dangerous things? You straight headed for T-tex exhibition back then, and now you're all piped up about these vicious velociraptors when you were quite disinterested just a minute ago??"