𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. New Alpha

In their cells, the raptors were allowed to smell the scent of their target through a tiny window crisscrossed with bars so that they could track the target down and lead them to its current hideout. Owen paced before every cell and clicked his clicker severally while holding the chunk of flesh, which the Indominus itself had clawed out from its own body earlier, with a piece of cloth and let them smell it. And at once, breathings of the raptors paced up and they growled, rumbled and snorted impatiently, ready more than ever to hunt down their first alive prey.

Owen, Kate and Barry mounted their bikes and started their ignition before setting off and soon, they picked up a decent speed. The silence of the night was disrupted with the loud whirring of the wheels, cutting ways through the thick forest in the dead of the night.

Kate took a deep breath to compose herself. The lurking disquiet was still there and the rush of adrenaline through the veins only added to her excitement building inside; her heart throbbed and her palm felt sweaty. But slowly, the cold wind that gusted against her face and tousled her already messy braided hair and caused her to squint to get a glimpse of the surroundings flashing past, felt fairly nice and also gave a strong sense of freedom and ultimately effected to subdue her fears. In a minute or two, she spotted Owen and Barry speeding on her sides once their speed had caught up to each other. Right behind them was a convoy of jeeps, following their lead. The raptors were still captive inside their cells and yet to be released in order to give them all a head-start as of a safety measure, in the event that they try chasing after them instead.

The junior staff member from yesterday, who had fallen inside the raptors paddock and saved by the Gradys, stood on a designated higher spot, waiting for a signal to release the raptors. And right on the transmitted signal, after the convoy had gained a reasonable distance, did he press the switch in his hand although he found it quite to his disliking due to his past experience of them. The alarms went off as soon as the gates of all the five cells separately holding the raptors were pulled up and they set out of confinement. They sprinted straight ahead into the forest and darted through the dense woods and thick bushes, heading for the convoy ahead.

The air filled with their screeches and growls as they picked speed not even in a minute, snarling viciously past the trees and bushes

Claire sure had climbed in the van on the driver's seat but the brothers has no way to know, there was a partition in between the spacious back side of the van and the front which bore a small window but it was left closed for now.

Into the still silence of the night, unbeknownst to himself, Zach could only think of her. He was at unease in worry for her. Even so, the more he thought of her, he found himself in deeper admiration for her. Although they were the same in age, she was a lot more than he was; courageous, strong, skillful and a person with a beautiful personality.

But he could not stop worrying for her. Was it really going to be okay? Up against such a gigantic dinosaur, skillset like hers were sure to come handy but luck had much more role in survival. What if it took an unfortunate turn, if the plans fail? Was she going to be back alive?