"'I came for the drummer'"

Sarah II

Sarah II

“Well done, guys!”

The word feel like a refreshing breeze on Sarahs skin. It’s Jeff’s standard greeting after every show, but she doesn’t think she’ll ever grow tired of hearing it. He’s all smiley now, looking at ease – the complete opposite of the stressed-out expression he had before the show.

“Really. Well done.”

“Thank you, thank you”, Sarah says with a wide smile. Sweat is sticking at her neck and she is slightly out of breath, her ears still filled with the screaming of the fans and the vibrating music she created together with the rest of the band.

The vibe backstage is light, almost dizzy. They’re all hugging and congratulating each other for another successful night. She can hear Alex singing the refrain of ‘What makes you beautiful’, slightly off-key and Adam laughing loudly.

After Jeff claps her on the shoulder and walks over to Mitch, she looks around for Harry. She sees him standing a few feet away – next to Louis of course.

They’re sharing an intimate embrace and she debates whether to go over to him or not. The decision is made for her a second later when Louis catches her looking at them and beckons her over. An offer she can't refuse.

“Hey, there.” She smiles as she reaches them – she can’t stop smiling to be honest. Harry smiles back and hugs her (at a slightly awkward angle, cause he’s not letting go of Louis’ hand).

“You were amazing, Styles”, she tells him, after stepping back. She really means it.

“You absolutely were”, Louis agrees, sounding like he said that ten times already. His blue eyes are bright with sincerity and proudness.

Harry shrugs like it’s no big deal, but she knows the smile that spreads over his face, slowly, like he can’t help himself. She knows that it means he’s proud of himself, of all of them, of the atmosphere they created tonight and of the joy they put in the eyes of hundreds of girls (and a few guys).

Louis nuzzles into Harrys side and Harry hugs him to his chest with his right arm.

“You were amazing too”, he tells Sarah and Louis hums in agreement. (And to be honest, that little sound makes her happier than the applause. But he’s just so cute. She can’t help herself.)

“And we weren’t the only ones to think that. Did you see the girl with the sign, Lou?”

“Yeah totally”, he murmurs. “Because there was only one girl with a sign.”

Harry snorts, hugging him tighter. “I mean the one that said ‘I came for the drummer’, obviously.”

“Oh, yeah!”, Sarah says with a wide smile. “The girl was in one of the front rows, holding that sign and Harry pointed it out and made everyone cheer for me.”

Louis hums again, seeming to remember now. He grins at her cheekily. “Seems like you have an admirer.”