07. Opposites

Hey man I got trough where are you?

Thomas looked at the screen of his phone, lifting his head up and looking from the window of the taxi he was sitting in. He saw Dylan inside, looking for someone. It broke Thomas heart to just leave his friend like that but he somehow had the feeling he had to do it.

Sorry man, I already got trough into the car. See you tomorrow.

Thomas sent the message away, giving the driver a signal that he could finally drive after a long fifteen minutes wait so that Thomas could see Dylan get out of the arrivals section. The driver started the engine, leaving the airport behind. The Brit leaned his head against the Glas window, closing his eyes slowly.

The two friends had been spending way less time together than they used to. Thomas found excuses for each plan Dylan had for the two of them, he even begged at the airport to change seats with someone since he didn't want to seat next to the American. He knew that what he was doing was completely wrong but he also knew, that he had to do it.

It wasn't that Thomas wanted to, because he didn't. If he could he'd be with Dylan the whole day, talk about stupid stuff and just enjoy every second of the press tour. But since the morning after the Los Angeles premiere, when Thomas got the call from his management it changed. Apparently the tweets they posted made the Dylmas shippers believe in their couple even more, it made them think that eventually the two boys were slowly realising that they indeed were more than friends. But Thomas' manager didn't call to give his biggest congratulations to the two boys, he called to call it off. When Thomas told him, that it was only a joke, the man on the other end of the call told Thomas that if he'd do that one more time, his image would change. That was why he didn't want Thomas to spend time with Dylan.

When Thomas and Dylan spent time together it looked different. The two boys were extremely close and the fact that they didn't feel uncomfortable by touching each other made people think about wrong stuff. You could see a lot of love the two boys shared towards each other when they only smiled or looked at the other. That was how Dylmas even started, people that didn't even know the two of them, would possibly ask if the two of them were gay.

Not that it bothered Thomas. It was different from him sure. At the beginning he felt really uncomfortable, was unsure what to think about it but Dylan explained to him that it was normal, that he even got shipped with Tyler Posey. That statement gave Thomas a wave of reassurance, he forgot his worries, letting the fans love the two boys relationship but apparently since the tweet in LA it escalated extremely. People that never believed that the two boys could possibly feel anything for each other started to believe that they maybe truly were something, others started hating on how disgusting this relationship would be.

And that bothered Thomas' management a lot. They were truly, completely, deeply against the possibility of that happening. They didn't want Thomas to be possibly considered gay or any other stuff and the fact that they did so somehow hurt Thomas. He never really thought a lot about that but now that they are pretty worried about that happening, he wished he would have cared more about this community that goes trough a lot.

Thomas looked up, seeing that the man stopped in front of his house. He payed the man, got out with his baggage and opened the front door. Thomas stepped inside, taking in a deep breath of the smell he had missed so much. He loved to be home, it made him forget of all his worries for a second and a light smile appear on his face.

Thomas took the baggage into his room, laying himself on his bed and closing his eyes. The Brit laid there for some time before walking to the window and opening it widely. He walked down into the kitchen, making sure everything was the way he left it.