t w o

c h a p t e r   t w o

*

THAT NIGHT I DREAM OF PARKER AND WESLEY. And I swear never to tell its explicit details to anyone. Jeez, this is so embarrassing.

And as I had expected, the promise I took of not telling anyone about my dream was broken in the next six hours by Elise. Here's the thing about Elise – she's my human diary. After I finish telling her my dream, Elise is snickering continuously. Elise is graceful, until she snickers because she sounds like a dying hyena whenever she laughs.

"So who was better?" Elise asks slyly and I punch her arm. "Sorry, but why are you are getting so worked up. I think yesterday was an eventful day and you just dreamt about them. Inappropriate, yes, but totally natural,"

"Has it ever happened to you?"

"Of course," Elise says briskly, "Remember the day we fought last year? I was so angry with you but I also regretted some things I told you, so you were on my mind the whole day. That night I dreamt that I apologized and we made up."

I rolled my eyes. "But you didn't dream that had explicit content in it."

"What I am trying to tell you is that inappropriate or not, when someone is on our mind the whole day, our subconscious if filled with those thoughts and it's possible to dream of them. Now stop getting riled up over that dream," Elise says, and at the same moment Parker and Wesley enter the cafeteria and I nearly choke on my drink, "And stop looking at them like you have dreamt of them!"

"But I have!"

"They don't need to know!" Elise says, but a moment later raises her eyebrow suggestively, "Or maybe they do. It is time we bring your dream into live action!"

I groan, loud enough for all of the soccer team boys to look at me. Elise just shakes her head and laughs. And when the boys divert their attention from me, I groan again – thankfully, not loud this time.

"C'mon, it's time for class." Elise says, getting up for her Math class. Yes, I have hers and my schedule memorized.

I shake my head, "Ms. Powell is not in school today. I have a free period. I will see you after school, bye!"

I SPENT THE NEXT TWO HOURS IN LIBRARY. I had initially planned to make full use of these two hours by completing at least two out of my five pending assignments but I ended up taking personality quizzes on my phone. I should be an architect according to these quizzes.

After Elise had gone to get to her class, I couldn't sit still in the cafeteria without looking up to see the boys. If what Elise had said turned out to be correct, I had to steer clear of the boys as much as possible.

At four o'clock, the bell indicating our end of agony rang and I shot up to meet the girls in the Girls' Games Room. On my way back, I heard two girls from behind the history section, "He will be back on the field today. I heard Ginny tell her cheerleader team today that he'd be back on the field from today and will come to school from tomorrow."

"Oh, bless our eyes because they're the only things that are going to be blessed. Ginny, as usual, will be hitting on him and now that he is single again, she will claim him."

I start walking toward the other part of the huge campus, and I reached the games room in the next ten minutes where the other three were already waiting for me. Now, I don't know why they don't call it changing rooms or whatever because all this room consists of is, hundreds of lockers and numerous bathrooms. I want to tell Elise about what I heard earlier in the library, but Wilhelmina beats me to it.