t e n

which book are you currently reading? i have no new books, so i am rereading harry potter, cuz it's one book i can fall back on any time of my life. <3

* * *

AT THE START OF JUNIOR YEAR, I GOT INTRODUCED TO AIDEN WHEN WE STARTED TO WORK IN THE SAME COMMITTEE FOR AN EVENT.

At the start of senior year, Aiden became an acquaintance.

In the second week of senior year, we started hanging out and became good friends. I ignored the way my heart flipped every time I saw him.

In the third week of senior year, we bonded over little things.

In the fourth week of senior year, we discussed our friends' reason of breakup. And that is the time where I realized that I liked him a lot – sitting in front of him, on a cafeteria table, as he ran a hand through his hair. But I was afraid of the consequences in the long term. I didn't want to break either his heart or mine.

In the fifth week of senior year, we kiss for the first time.

FIVE DAYS AGO, AIDEN HAD BEEN WAITING BY MY LOCKER AS SCHOOL ENDED. He looked nervous and I had almost been scared half to death by seeing his face. Worried, I had asked him, "Aiden, what's wrong?"

He had let out a nervous laugh, and tried to compose himself, "No. Nothing," He crossed his arms across his chest, and let out a sigh, "Will you beat me if I ask you something?"

I roll my eyes, "You ask me a hundred questions per day."

When I look at him, his eyes are trained behind me. I snap my fingers in front of him, and he looks back at me, looking more nervous than before. Finding his tongue, he asks me, "Are you Saturday this free?"

I hear a chuckle from behind but it turns dead silent the next second. I raise an eyebrow at him, "What?"

He lets out a shaky breath, "I meant, are you free this Saturday?"

I try my hardest to refrain myself from blushing and grinning like an idiot. "Okay, Aiden. We will go out on a date."

I laugh, as Aiden comes back to his normal self. Sawyer and Wesley emerge from behind the lockers, laughing. Wesley pats Aiden on his back, "We thought it would take forever to ask her out on a date, but you did well, my man."

TWO DAYS AGO, ELISE HAD COME OVER TO MY HOME TO CALM DOWN MY JITTERY NERVES. All of my clothes were spread across my bed, my wardrobe empty. I knew Aiden well enough to know that he would be taking me out to a fancy dinner tonight. We both loved dining out. Elise had come to help me put on the best dress we could find in my closet. I sit in front of the mirror, setting to work on curling my hair to perfection. I had been on a date only once in my entire life, so I didn't know the thrill and drill of how dates worked. My usual calm self was feeling all jittery, like all veins had started dancing in my body.

Once I have curled my hair, I turn to Elise who is holding a lavender and purple dress in her hand. Goosebumps arise on my skin. It is in the same condition as it was two years ago, when I first went on a date with him. And all the memories that I have tried so hard to suppress, resurface again like a giant tsunami in an ocean.

"What happened?" Elise asks me, concern clear in her voice. She doesn't know how special this dress is, she doesn't know how much I loved him.