Chapter Thirty-three: Breaking Walls

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The medicines were proving to be absolute magic for her body. Talking to Dr. Bethany was also working a huge deal, although the nightmares still remained. And, she hated to admit it but, in the absence of Max's comforting arms, she often found herself being stuck in the world of her horrors, only silenced by her loud cries. When she would wake up, sobbing, sweating, crying profusely, she would feel the presence of someone outside her door, but she was not sure if it was just the conclusion to her each nightmare.

Sofia's injured foot still hurt but not like before when it was too bad every time her ankle faced any movement. The bruises on her midriff had also almost vanished. There was no bruise around her throat anymore as well. She was sure she was going to be able to hop around perfectly fine within the next week. On the weekend her next appointment with the doctor would announce just that hopefully, it was after all the end of her resting period.

Waking up early, Sofia had a small bath and re-strapped her bad foot after coming out of the tub and drying herself.

Getting dressed and then climbing down the stairs seemed to be far easier nowadays. It made her heart fill with even more positivity. Her decision from yesterday in Max's study about starting to go to work physically from this morn affirmed with vigor. Enough time had been wasted, lying like a log, confined to a hospital bed, then confined inside the house. It was about dang time she earned some money and work her way to gaining back her lost dignity.

She made herself a sandwich and coffee in the kitchen. Right when she was about to walk out the door, Debbie arrived for the day and gave her a beaming smile with a cheery 'morning'.

The girl was quickly becoming Sofia's number one fan and was getting used to her tendency to do most of her own work herself.

"Do you need my help, ma'am?" Bean came forward hastily when she came out of the house. He was sporting a concerned look seeing Sofia limp as she walked.

"No, Bean, it's okay," Sofia waved a hand dismissively with a gentle smile. "I'll manage just fine."

Nevertheless, Bean still went ahead and helped her hail a taxi since she was indisposed to drive her car. She thanked the worried-looking guard before she got in and the taxi pulled away from the curb.

Sofia had decided to not try her luck with her Ambassador for a couple of days, knowing very well that it would be an impossible task driving a car with that roughed-up foot of hers which was healing, alright, but not quite declared to be used profusely. Taking another trip to the hospital didn't quite seem like a nice idea when she was still slightly shaken by the bill that came after her last stay there.

Sofia was the first to arrive and open the restaurant, which she was pleased about and planned to do a lot from today.

Her entire staff cheered the moment they discovered her in the office, behind her desk.

Bitterly Sweetly (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें