Chapter Fifty-one : Her Faith

The distant crashing noise made Sofia nod to herself in satisfaction.

That should be threatening enough.

Now she would give some time for the brothers to talk between themselves, because as much as she knew, her husband was not even yet aware of Neil and Skyler seeing each other.

She had just turned around to leave but halted in surprise seeing familiar faces staring her way. There was Mabel with her mouth hanging open in unveiled shock and in her lap was baby Ryan with his wide eyed wonderment and drool dripping down his chin.

And then, shifting and holding Ryan in the crook of one elbow, Mabel was clapping her hands, grinning wide and looking extremely impressed. Ryan stared up at his mother stunned for a second and then, he too began clapping with his tiny hands – his claps didn't have any sound by the way.

"That was terrific!" Mabel screamed striding towards Sofia. "You were showing your husband who's the boss, weren't you?"

Sofia cleared her throat. "I—"

But Mabel cut off in frenzy, "Oh God, why hasn't this idea come to my mind sooner! Destroying a disobeying husband's office with a hammer—" She looked like she was about to begin jumping at the discovery. "It sounds like the perfect solution to womankind's marital troubles. I'll definitely try this the next time I've a fight with Ryan's papa. It's terrific!"

All praises to the higher almighty for sending people who can alleviate anger like ginger alleviates cold.

"Errr...," Sofia tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, and then bent to place a kiss on Ryan's head. "What can I say?"

She truly didn't know what to say here. Explaining that her hammer strategy had nothing to do with a fight with Max would be a complicated process. For she obviously did not want to out the news that her unmarried sister was apparently pregnant and also misbehaved with, that too by none other than Max's cousin.

So, Sofia decided it would be better to not correct Mabel. She instead strolled away with the cutest mother-son duo while chatting about other things, safer things – that didn't include an unexpected baby or a hammer.

"My husband's busy suing some people somewhere in there," Mabel swung her head, gesturing back at the building. "I opted to stroll out with my little cupcake."

"Can't blame you for that. Those wicked lawyers in there keep blabbering about sections of laws and your husband will throw business facts into it. The mixture doesn't sound any fun."

In a few minutes, they reached the driveway. Sofia stood beside her car and faced Mabel with a smile.

Mabel's brows contorted in concentration as she tilted her head. "You look stressed," she surmised.

Ryan cooed at a butterfly that flew past him, his tiny fists shook in excitement.

"Some issues just turned up out of the blue," Sofia said, her eyes following Ryan's adorable actions.

"Seems like life in its most dramatic state," said Mabel, sighing. "But don't worry, whatever it is, it will get figured out soon. You're a strong girl to make that sure. You proved it just fine with your performance back there."

Sofia couldn't help but chuckle a little.

She didn't know if she was truly as strong as some people insinuated, but it was true that she always tried to be just that—for herself and for the ones she held dear to her heart.

--

"Sofia! What the heck have you mixed in this curry?" Vagga shrilled through a mouthful of food. "I swear I've never tasted something as amazing as this."