Chapter 16

"Hey," Camila says softly as she wraps her arms around Lucy's waist.

"Hi." Lucy responded. She was leaning against the doorframe to Lauren's room, watching the green-eyes girl scribble down some notes for her work.

"What are you doing?" The younger girl asks softly.

"Watching Lauren. She makes everything look easy and elegant." Lucy whispered. She didn't want to disrupt Lauren from her work.

Nodding her head, Camila kisses Lucy's shoulder.

"How does she do it?" Lucy whispered.

"No clue." Camila whispers back softly.

As if she heard them, Lauren looked up.

Smiling softly, Camila just keeps her eyes on Lauren.

Lauren frowned in thought before shaking her head and going back to writing.

The younger girl shifts and kisses Lucy's shoulder.

Lucy leaned back against Camila and sighed heavily. She rested their heads together but kept her eyes on Lauren. "Did Remi come back inside?"

"I have no idea." Camila responded.

"Should we check?" The older girl asks softly.

"That would be the responsible thing to do." Camila said with a nod.

Nodding, Lucy slowly pulls away. "Let's go check."

Camila nodded and the two of them made their way into the back yard.

Remi was still outside kicking the ball about. She was shivering and soaking even though the rain had gone off. She was almost completely covered in mud from head to toe.

"Remi, lets get you inside and in a warm bath." Camila says softly.

Remi kicked the ball up and turned to look at Camila. The ball came back down and hit her on the head because she wasn't focusing.

Camila quickly moves over to the six year old. "Are you okay?"

Remi rubbed her head. "You distracted me." She muttered. "Now my head hurts."

"I'm sorry princess, but it's time for you to come inside and you need to get cleaned up." Camila responds softly.

"But I'm having fun." Remi responded. She was the kind of kid that preferred her own company rather than spending time with kids her own age. She was more independent than the other kids in her class.

Sighing, Camila runs a hand through her hair. "I know but you have school tomorrow."

Remi sighed. "I hate school."

"You're too young to hate school." Camila responds. "Now let's go."

Remi frowned. "I have no friends." Remi was the smartest in her class, she got that from Lauren, and everyone in her class picked on her because she was the 'soccer geek'.

"I'm sorry baby, but you need to go to school." Camila responds softly.

Remi sighed. "Fine." She muttered.

"Let's get you inside and in the bath." The brown eyed mother says softly.

Remi slumped her shoulders. "I guess so."

Three hours later

Camila lays Lucy back on the bed, kissing her slowly and passionately.

Lucy wrapped her arms around Camila's neck. She tangled her fingers through Camila's hair. Unfortunately their make out session didn't last long, Ben began crying.