Chapter 18

Fourteen years later

Camila sighs as she walks into the house, running a tired hand through her hair. "Luce?" She calls out.

"Kitchen." Lucy called back. "Making dinner with Laur and Marley, the kids are doing homework."

Making her way into the kitchen, Camila looks at Lucy. "I need a drink." she mumbles.

"A drink?" Lucy asked. "There's water or milk or juice."

Shaking her head, Camila looks into Lucy's eyes. "I need alcohol."

"Oh." Lucy turned. "The pantry."

Nodding, Camila makes her way into the pantry and grabs the beer from the cooler they keep in there.

"That's the only one you are having tonight." Lucy said.

Rolling her eyes, Camila turns to look at Lucy. "Whatever." She mumbles before leaving the room.

"What's wrong with mama?" Braelynn asks, tilting her head to the side.

Lucy sighed. "She's having a hard time at work." She said softly.

"Oh," Braelynn mumbles, shifting slightly.

"Don't worry about her." Lucy said, running her fingers through Braelynn's hair. "She's Lauren and I's problem."

Nodding her head the seventeen year old frowns. "But she's been drinking a lot and you had to hide the alcohol. You have to hide it everyday."

"I know, it's our problem, not yours." Lucy said softly. "Finish your homework."

"But you're not doing anything." The brown eyed girl mumbles.

"Braelynn, do your homework and stop worrying." Lucy said.

Crossing her arms, the teenager glares at Lucy. "I finished already."

"Help with dinner then." Lucy responded, turning away from her daughter to finish chopping the vegetables.

Standing up, Braelynn gasps and places her hand over her chest. "Mommy,"

Lucy turned. "What? What did I do now to offend you?"

"No," the brown eyed girl breathes out, tears filling her eyes. "Hurts."

"What hurts?" Lucy moved over to her daughter.

"Chest." Braelynn breathes out.

"Shit!" Lucy cursed. "Sit down and take a deep breath."

Doing as she's told, Braelynn sits down but her chest hurts more. "Mommy,"

"I know." Lucy moved over and got Braelynn's inhaler. "Try this." She handed her daughter the inhaler.

Taking the inhaler, Braelynn takes two hits from it but her lips start turning blue, much like when she was younger.

"Shit!" Lucy cursed under her breath. She pulled her phone out and called 911.

Braelynn curls in on herself, gripping at her chest.

"Braelynn sit up straight." Lucy said before talking to the person on the line.

Taking a deep breath, Braelynn sits up and watches Lucy.

Lucy hung up the phone. "I need to take you to the hospital." She said.

Nodding slowly, Braelynn looks up. "Mama?"

Lucy sighed. "I need to take you, your mama has had a drink, she can't drive." She took Braelynn's hand and led her to the car.

Braelynn curls into the front seat. "I'm sorry."