5

Kelsey's POV // Sydney, Australia 

A couple of weeks after my breakup with Derek, and after I finally told my friends everything that happened, it was time for us to finally graduate. The night after our graduation ceremony, we all decide to go to the rager our classmate, Brandon, is throwing to celebrate graduation. We decide that wishing our high school days goodbye through a party was the best way to do it. 

Before the party, Jocelyn comes over to my house so we can get ready together for the party. 

"I can't believe that we're already graduating already. It's really been a crazy ride...like I know we're going to be together at U Syd, but it's the end of an era for sure," Jocelyn says as she's putting makeup on. 

"I know right? It's sad that we're ending that chapter, but I sure am ready to move on from all of that," I say back as I slide on my dress. 

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Are you doing okay, with everything from last week?"

"Yeah, doing better, but it still hurts a lot. Having you guys to support me has really helped me out a lot, it's been really a lot to process."

"I'm glad we can be here for you...I know it's confusing. Have you and Ashton been weird at all, because of what you told him?"

"No, actually. He's been great, like usual. I think we're at the point where if he was actually bothered, he'd tell me. I was so worried that he would be put off by everything I said..like as far as he knows, I only had feelings for him back then," I explained. 

"As far as he knows? What do you mean?"

I don't say anything for a moment. I didn't mean to let that slip at all. I don't even know what I actually want, why did I say anything?

"Yeah, I just..I don't know. I've been thinking about it and I realized that I might have never gotten over the feelings at all, I just tried to shove them down and lock them away like they were never there. I don't know if I have feelings for him..but I think I might," I say.

"That's not a bad thing at all. I think, though, you just need to test it out before seriously pursuing it...give yourself some time to recover. You deserve happiness. I want the best for you. I think you will know if it's something that you want to pursue...just don't push yourself, okay?" She says, and she gives me a hug. 

"What about you though? You have any romance on the horizon?" I say, giving her an elbow nudge. 

"Uh...no! Why would you think that?!" She says nervously. 

"I don't think anything, I was just curious," I say with a laugh, "relax!" 

I see her face clear up and she immediately calms down. I'll figure that one out eventually, but I don't want to push her to tell anything she doesn't want to. We gather up our stuff, and I get a text from Calum.

"Yo, I'm parked outside! Hurry up!" His text says.

"Calum's here!" I yell to Jocelyn, who's in the bathroom. We both rush downstairs and we climb into Calum's car. All of the boys but Ashton are there.

"Where's Ashton?" I ask.

"I don't know...he said he has something do before he can come to the party, so he'll meet us there. I would imagine his mum probably wanted to take him out for a late dinner to celebrate," Michael says.

"Probably! Luke, let me choose the music. I just made a new playlist," Jocelyn says, and we drive up to Brandon's house. 

Once we get out of the car, it's complete madness, but in the best way possible. People are packed everywhere, cups in hand, and I never been more excited to go to a party. This is the final goodbye I have to the life I knew before now. My last real high school hurrah with my friends before life starts to change for all of us. I smile to myself as we make our way inside. Calum, Michael, and I make our way over to the beer pong table and decide to play a game or two, and I decide to play them, two on one, and really teach them who the master of beer pong is. Jocelyn and Luke were watching for a while, but after a few rounds, I realize they both have wandered away. They must have found some of their other friends.