11

Kelsey's POV // Sunrise, Florida // 6 Months Later

6 months have gone by since the Cal and Mikey's accident. The boys didn't come home for Christmas like they thought they were going to be able to, because they only had a couple of days off, so their families went to visit them in London instead. Since I was in Sydney for Christmas, I couldn't go up there. It was truly really heartbreaking. On Christmas Eve, Ashton's mom always hosted a big Christmas party then, and all of us and our families always went. Everything had really changed. Jocelyn and I got to spend lots of time together, though, which was great. 

They started the Take Me Home tour in late February, and have been having the time of their lives, from what it seems like. I've been so in shock every time I get a video with one of the 1D guys in it, though, even though I know that's who they're touring with. Something else that has been weird is the number of followers I've gotten since they've started touring, and how many of them have messaged me directly on social media. I guess that happens when you're the girlfriend of a member of an up-and-coming band. The attention on me is something I'm not used to. Some of their fans have actually been quite nasty to me online, which is something I did not expect. It's not too bad, but it still does bother me a little bit. I've learned to live with it by working on my projects and talking through it with Ashton, though he's been harder to get to talk to these days. I mean, it's totally understandable, given their job now.

 Now, it's June, and they are FINALLY coming to the United States, which means I get to see them today. I decided to come to the first date I could because I was so excited to get to see Ashton, the guys, and Jocelyn. Not to mention that I get to see One Direction from what will probably be one of the best seats in the house. My flight wasn't supposed to get in until the afternoon, so the guys sent one of the security team to come and pick me up and bring me to the arena since they have soundcheck. Once I find the driver, I'm on my way to the arena. I text Ashton and tell him I'm on my way. 

The car pulls into the arena and I immediately get nervous. When I hop out of the car, I am guided to their dressing room, and they're not there. I hear music coming from out in the arena and know they're out at soundcheck. I walk out to the audience and hear Out of my Limit coming from the stage. I decide to sit by the sound booth in the back, where I see Jocelyn sitting, so I don't interrupt the song. Jocelyn and I have a big hug and we sit there chatting. Sitting there, seeing them on that stage, it really felt surreal. As the song gets done, we cheer loudly from the back. 

"Fuck yeah boys!" I yell as I walk up quickly to the front of the arena. Ashton looks over at me from his drums, sees me, and smiles so wide, I get butterflies in my stomach like I did kissing him for the first time. He immediately hops off of the side of the stage and runs over to me, picking me up in a hug and spinning me around. He kisses me and hugs me tightly again, and I hug him back.

"God I've missed you so much," He says, kissing my head. 

"I missed you too," I almost feel as if I'm going to cry, I've been waiting so long to see him again. The other guys walk over to me and we have a group hug. They say their soundcheck was over, so we walk back to their dressing room and we sit down. Ashton sits next to me on the couch, putting his arm around me, and puts his other hand on my knee. As we and then I hear an unfamiliar voice. 

"Boys?" I hear through the door and Niall from One Direction walks in. I have to keep myself from dropping my jaw as he stands there in front of us, and it's safe to say that I am completely starstruck. He looks at me and his face lights up. 

"Well, are you the lovely lady I've heard so much about? Kelsey, is it? I'm Niall," He says, extending his hand to me with a grin. I grab his hand and shake it, and he hugs me.