10

Kelsey's POV // New Haven, Connecticut 

It's been 3 months since moving to Yale, and I am loving it here. The campus is absolutely beautiful. 

I moved in the day after arriving here, and I was so nervous to be there. I thought I was nervous because I was scared, but I quickly realized how excited I was to just be there. I was so sad to be away from my friends and my boyfriend. Like, so sad. I immediately felt better when I could FaceTime Ashton and show him around the campus. I think he could tell I was where I was meant to be. Seeing him made me sadder than I was, though. Burying my sadness under the excitement of all of it was a temporary fix. I hope to be able to see him sooner rather than later. He and the boys have been in London for two months now, and he has been doing what he loves. And I feel less sad when I realize he is doing what he has dreamed of. He is so happy. 

I am having so much fun with my roommate, Molly, and she's become a really close friend of mine over my time here. Through all of my Film and Media Studies classes, I've really found a home on campus and I was able to work through all of my initial struggles. I found a group of good friends who came together, and a lot of them were struggling with homesickness as well. We came together and we have been having so much fun while here. I've been able to go out and party and do all of the normal college things. They all know that Ashton and the guys are going to be touring with One Direction, and always jokingly refer to them as my "famous" friends. 

Jocelyn and I FaceTime every day and it helps to have someone who knows exactly what I'm going through. She's doing well and making friends at university, but she is really upset to have Luke, not with her. 

"I just miss him a lot, you know? He has been in London for months now and it's just so fucking hard. And to not have you here either, or the rest of them, like I'm having fun...but it's just so hard..." Jocelyn says, beginning to try. I wish I could hug her because she sounds so upset.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay, alright? I'll be back in like a month for Christmas, so we should totally hang out, alright? Has Luke been calling you every day?" I ask.

"Yes! It's just interesting with the time difference and all, but it's okay. It's good to get to hear his voice every day. It keeps me sane, at least," She says with a laugh. 

"Yeah, I totally get that. At least you have your uni friends to keep you busy and keep your mind off of missing him," 

"For sure. And so do you," She says. 

We talk for quite a little longer until she has to go to class. It's only about 8 AM for her and nearly 6 PM for me. The time differences were hard to keep track of at the beginning, with all of us being in different places, but now it's so easy. It's almost 11 PM for the boys. I wonder what they're up to?  Probably just getting done with rehearsals. They've been going pretty late at night. 

Fortunately, I won't have classes to worry about for a while after these next couple of weeks. We just got back from Thanksgiving break, which I'm not used to, but I spent it at my grandmother's house with my uncles, aunts, and cousins. My parents weren't able to get the time off of work, but I'll see them soon for Christmas anyway. 

Molly and I walk out of our dorm and go get pizza at our favorite local place. Snow is coming down heavily, a sight I haven't ever really seen in person before.  We quickly decide to go out partying, as we do, and we get ready.

We get to the party and its one of the loudest and most packed parties we've been to thus far. I'm having the time of my life, and I haven't been this drunk in quite a while. Molly and I dance with all of our friends for a long time. I stumble into the packed bathroom after a while and splash some cold water in my face, looking at myself in the mirror. I feel so warm from the alcohol, and I can see that in my face. The water made my makeup run a bit, but it is mostly intact.