18

Kelsey's POV // Uncasville, Connecticut

"I have to go now, for real this time..." Ashton says to me, putting me down and kissing me one last time. We, not surprisingly, are up to our old tricks of sneaking around backstage before he has to go on with the guys. This time, though, we had to be craftier in order to make sure our friends didn't catch us. We would have some explaining to do if they caught us. 

"Alright, alright, go kill it out there. Do I look like I totally haven't been making out with anyone for the last 20 minutes?" I ask him, smirking. 

"You're damn lucky you're not wearing lipstick, I'll say that," He says with a laugh, "but you look great. They won't even suspect a thing."

"And you're lucky I'm not wearing lipstick. You would've had a fun time trying to explain that one," I say, playfully punching him in the arm as we walk back to where the others are. 

As the door opens, Michael, Calum, Luke, and Jocelyn all turn around and stare at us. 

"Where have you two been?" Calum asks, looking between the two of us.

"I was showing her the video setup we have backstage, and we lost track of time," Ashton seems to confess. If I didn't know, I wouldn't think twice about his response, he sounded that sincere. He must have had this prepared. 

"Ah, alright then mate, let's get ready to go on," Luke says, and the guys make their way to behind the stage. 

"You might want to fix your hair though, Ash. Looks like you've been busy," Jocelyn says quietly to me and Ashton. Oh, she knows. The face he makes after she says that is priceless. He looks at me and both of us laugh nervously. 

"Have a great show," I say as he walks to catch up with the guys. 

"So, when were you going to tell me?" She asks me with a smile, raising her eyebrows.

"Tell you what?" I say, trying to act clueless.

"C'mon. You and Ashton? I know something's going on," She laughs. 

"Ok, fine, you got us. Please don't tell anyone, even Luke. We weren't going to tell anyone until we got it all figured out, and we still don't know what we are, or really what we're doing," I explain nervously.

"No, I won't. I'm really excited to see what happens, though...got any secrets to share about last night?" 

"I don't kiss and tell...or anything else for that matter," I say with a bit of mystery. 

"Oh, alright, don't tell me then," she says sarcastically, "let's go out to the crowd. I don't want to miss the opening song!" She exclaims, and we run out to the crowd. 

Ashton's POV// Uncasville, Connecticut

I wake up and stare at the ceiling, and immediately look over to Kelsey, who's asleep on my chest again. She stirs only slightly as she sleeps, and I can't stop thinking of how I have to leave her today. The change in our relationship in the week since I called her and asked her to come to the concert has been absolutely unexpected but has made me feel happier than I have been in a long time, at least when it comes to relationships. 

She opens her eyes up and immediately smiles when she looks up at me. I smile back and kiss her softly, and she sits up. 

"Good morning. What time are you guys heading out to your next stop again?" She asks, looking right into my eyes. 

I look at the clock, which reads 8 AM.

"In about an hour or so," I say to her with a sad smile, and I sit up, pulling her into a hug. We sit there for a while and we just hold each other, not saying a word, and she buries her head in my neck.

"What do we want to do?" She says, looking concerned.

"I...I feel like since we just got back in contact again, we should take this slow and just...see where it goes, yeah?" I ask.

She nods. "I mean, we sure haven't taken it slow in some ways," she laughs, "but yeah. I think that's a good idea. I'm really going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I say, kissing her forehead, and we get up and start packing up our stuff. 

"Can I take this?" She says, picking up one of my shirts, and I realize it's her favorite one from when we dated before.

"Of course," I nod, and she stuffs it in her bag. The guys and Jocelyn come in and we all hug goodbye. Kelsey looks incredibly sad when hugging all of us, knowing that we have to leave her again. 

As we walk out with our bags, I stop to hug her one last time, and she looks at me with tears in her eyes, and it makes me sad to see her like this again. 

"I told you not to let me cry," She says with a laugh.

"Would it be a real goodbye if you didn't?" I laugh and kiss her without everyone else seeing.

"No, it wouldn't," she says, "have a safe drive, okay?" 

"You too. Call us when you get back home, yeah?" 

"I will. See you soon,"

"Of course."