One - Tiger's P.O.V

Tiger's P.O.V

"But it was an accident!"

"No buts son, you are unworthy to be the king and that is final."

Gingerly, I flutter my eyes open and face him, I guess I have to take some responsibility for what I did. I'm greeted by my dad's face directly in front of me. He's a bit too close for comfort, especially because we have haven't been on good terms since my mother's death. Hurriedly, I exit the dining room, not bothering to ask if I could be excused from the table.

I know what I did was wrong but I wasn't thinking straight. The feeling I have grown accustomed to took over. It wasn't meant to end the way it did.

I find myself walking down one of the hallways in the palace, only I can't remember where this corridor leads. As you can probably tell, I don't leave my room much when I am here. I hear faint shouting from the dining room but I continue to run walk the mysterious but familiar hallway. My heart is thumping rapidly against my chest due to the information I was given but I push the feeling aside and carry on walking.

Without thinking, I walk into a random room to try and escape my father's shouts. My eyes widen in surprise once I notice which room I'm in, I'm in Gianna's room.

Instead of leaving the room like I thought I would, I stay rooted to the spot, not wanting to believe I am actually here. My little sister's room. It has been a long time since I allowed myself to come in here, yet, everything is as it was. Eventually, I begin pacing around the room for what feels like hours, but in reality, it's only a few minutes. I take some time to scan the room briefly because I knew that I probably won't be coming back in here out of choice.

Paintings crowd the walls leaving little space for the pink beneath to be seen. Books are neatly arranged on a pristine bookshelf clearly showing that the room hasn't been used in a while. Gently, I run the tips of my fingers over the spines of the books, a once familiar feeling of comfort runs up my arm causing me to drop my arm from the book. Breathe, we are not having a mental breakdown right now, not here. I turn around, ignoring all of the bad emotions which were present a few moments ago. I then walk over to the far corner of the room, I don't know why, It's like something, or someone, is pulling me towards it.

I wouldn't say I have conquered my fear of entering my little sister's room and remembering everything, this room still scares me, so, I'm not really sure why I am still here. I hesitate but continue to look around the room.

Toys clutter the floor around me which causes me to notice the elephant in the room. There it is, the elephant teddy which I gave to Gianna for her second birthday. It's baby pink with hints of white peeking through. The white seems to be trying to become more visible but it is only half successful. From this distance, I still have to squint my eyes to notice it. Rain tapping on the window brings me out of the daze I was in.

How am I still in this room? Why am I still in this room? There is no doubt about it, I've got to get out of this room.

It's like all of the bad emotions I have experienced in my life come crashing down on me leaving me breathless underneath them. Every time I try to catch my breath and leave the room, another wave of pain and sorrow rushes over me, causing me to grip the wardrobe next to me for support. Sweet pain pricks my body leaving no part of it untouched. I start shaking strenuously. Ignoring the pain which is gradually destroying me, I force myself to take deep breaths. I then try to move my arms but no movement occurs. They finally move on the third try, this allows me to push myself away from the wardrobe. Without a doubt, it is going to take me a while to recover from this, I have never experienced this much pain and emotion all at once.

I gradually shuffle out of the room, discarding the book in my hand which is now an irregular shape from the pressure I was putting on it. Wait, when did I pick that up? Ignoring the strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, I carefully shut the door behind me, shutting in all of the bad emotions with one effortless movement.

As I venture down the hallway, a sigh escapes my lips. Forcefully, I clamp my lips shut, not wanting to attract any unwanted attention. Continuing my voyage, I make my way to the man cave which I call my room.

I pass multiple maids on the way who each politely nod my way. Instead of ignoring them like I usually do, I nod back, disguising the pain that still faintly remains. Once I am outside the door to my room, I notice a maid staring at me from afar. She has shoulder-length brown hair with slight hints of blonde highlighting her features. Her eyes are wide open with shock but they quickly became emotionless.

She holds my gaze for a few minutes, never removing her penetrating gaze from my eyes. I can almost see the pool of emotions swirling around in her eyes but, because of the distance between us, I can't decipher what emotions they are.

The girl smirks at me, allowing the smirk to stay visible for longer than necessary. I arch my eyebrow clearly letting her know that I am confused. Eventually, I shrug it off and walk into my room, closing the door behind me and shutting the world out along with it.

Can this day get any worse?