Eight - Aria's P.O.V

Aria's P.O.V

*Flashback*

Slowly, my confidence lowers leaving me feeling useless and drained. The harsh coldness of the white-covered door pressed firmly against my back is the only object stopping me from sinking down to the floor beneath me. I feel like a failure, the only achievement I have ever wanted in life seems impossible to reach. I could carry on thinking of possible plans to help me accomplish my goal but I know that they would all end in failure. A sigh escapes my lips as a dreaded thought enters my mind. Maybe I should take my mum's advice and give up on my dream.

My mum was always supportive of everything I did. When I was trying to learn how to ride a bike, she supported me, when I was trying to learn how to play the guitar, she supported me. But, ever since her "only love" died, also known as my dad, she started to only care about my half-sister, Sydney. Whenever Sydney did something, my mum would shower her with gifts and love, yet, whenever I did something, she wouldn't even acknowledge me. This still remains the same today. Recently, I got top grades on all of my exams but she didn't even care, the only thing she said was "that's nice". This is why, when I'm not at college, I spend most of my time in my room, I can't stand to be in the same room as my mum and watch her act like I'm not even there.

Then, my eyes widen with realization, I shouldn't be considering giving up on the only dream I have ever had, I should be attempting to prove her wrong and show her that I don't need her support anymore, I can do this without her. As soon as this thought crosses my mind, all of my confidence comes crashing back in waves, each one giving me more and more determination until a broad smile settles on my face, refusing to leave. I plan out what I am going to do and get to work.

Firstly, I stroll into my en-suite bathroom, ensuring that I close the long, baby blue curtains on the way. Deciding to take a shower before I start, I grab a fresh, cotton towel and hang it on the radiator beside me. I know that I will need all of the time I can get to think of a detailed and strategic plan, so I only spend a short amount of time getting ready. Once I'm done, I leave the bathroom and enter my bedroom. The temperature change between the two rooms causes me to wrap my arms around myself, desperately trying to keep warm until I find some comfortable clothes. I settle on khaki joggers, a plain white t-shirt and my soft white slippers. After this, I tie my semi-wet hair up into a messy bun and pull some strands out to frame my face.

Taking deep breaths, I make my way over to my polished, white desk and start browsing the internet using my marble-print laptop. Outcomes of the undecided plan begin to run through my head causing a wave of nausea to rush over me. This plan could be the beginning of a new life for me which scares and excites me, I know that I will be able to deal with anything that comes my way, but, the thought of going through all of this alone isn't very comforting. Focusing on the task at hand, I look for anything which could give me some inspiration.

I eagerly scroll down each page yet nothing which appears inspires me in any way. My good mood creeps away with each uninspiring website, my smile begins to falter and my eyelids start to droop. I don't know what else to do, I can't think of anything else which I could get inspiration from. I have tried celebrity backstories, magazine articles and documentaries but none of these resources has given me an idea of what to do.

Then, a noise slices through the silence which causes me to dart up and away from the chair I was previously sitting on. Once I notice where the noise is coming from, I place my hand on my chest to slow down my racing heart. Moving towards my phone, I scan the screen in order to check who is ringing me. The name shown on my phone fills me with hope and I instantly pick it up and press answer.

"Hello, Daniel?" I say into the phone, but, it poses more as a question than a greeting.

"Hey, Aria. I think I might have found someone" He responded.