Nine - Aria's P.O.V

Aria's P.O.V

Sluggishly, I flutter my eyes open and allow myself to adjust to the sun casting random beams of light around the room. Is it still Saturday? Why does this feel like déjà vu? Brushing the feeling off, I begin to pat the surface next to me in search for my phone. Once I come to the conclusion that my phone is, in fact, not there, I groan and rotate my body until the surface comes into view, resulting in me being in a very uncomfortable position. The things I do for my phone. Instead of standing up as any sane person would, I just stare at the table in confusion. Why isn't my phone where I left it last night? I sigh and prepare myself for the challenge which is finding my phone.

Before I manage to stand up, A deep chuckle erupts from a few metres away. My first thought is to run to the opposite side of the room and scream, but, deciding against it, I pluck up the courage to question the person.

"Do I know you?" I ask wearily as I lean further back into the sofa, using it as a source of comfort.

"I sure hope you do." He responds in a voice I know all too well. I'm not sure if I should be relieved or worried.

"Do you know who I am now?" He asks with a wicked chuckle

"Yes," The truth is, I wish I didn't.

"Yes, what?" He questions.

"Yes, boss"

"Thank you," He says, purposely lacing his voice with undisguised sarcasm.

I have been described as 'brave' and 'fearless' many times, but, that is not the case. I find some people scarier than words can describe, my boss being one of them, I am just an expert at hiding my fear. I don't mind being described like that though, I am glad that people see me that way, it makes my job much easier. Plus, my boss may be my boss, but, he has got to be fooled too for my plan to work.

"Why are you here?" I inquire, my boredom silently mocking him in every way possible.

He doesn't respond to my question, he just carries on sitting there, his body language giving nothing away about what he is thinking. He then pulls the hood from his black hoodie down and stalks over to me, never breaking eye contact. He finally pauses when he is directly in front of me, mischief glistening in his eyes.

"I think you know why I am here." He answers. His breath fanning my face due to our close proximity, the alcohol in his system making no effort to hide.

"Oh, get over yourself. I have something to tell you." I start. I guess I should just tell him now and get it over with, it may not be a very good idea to tell him while he is intoxicated, but, oh well.

He stays silent.

"I got caught," I say.

"You what?"

"I got caught," I repeat.

"You got caught!" He growls.

"Yes I did and you should be thanking me."

"You're really pushing me over my limit, Aria." He states.

"Hear me out, I got caught, but the King now thinks I am a maid, so, I can get into the palace whenever I want. And he expects me there every day except Sunday, which means that I can keep an eye on them for you. We don't need the files anymore either, so, if we end up getting caught as you did before, there will be no evidence that we have been in the palace because no one will know I am a member of your gang, seen as I am a girl." I say, proudly. There is no way he can punish me for this, I've won.

He bites his lip as he is thinking about my response. Please let him agree with me.

"I guess you're right. Don't mess this up though, Aria. You've had way too many second chances."