Chapter 8

When the jet landed on the tower, Bucky was the first one to burst out of it. Tory and Steve shared a look, as he helped her to the infirmary floor of the building.

Getting there, the blond helped Victoria take the top part of her suit, leaving her in a sports bra. A nurse started stitching her bullet injuries than she went to Steve, that just dismissed her.

"He'll try to take the bullet out by himself, isn't he?" Tory asked sighing in pain. The rest of her injuries she could clean herself. The man in front of her just nodded.

"Well... I'll go check on him."

Steve looked at her as if she went crazy in seconds.

"You need to have a checkup. You could've broken something," he blurted out, worried.

"I didn't Steve, nothing's hurting that much, let the nurse patch you up, or I'll go to your room after Barnes,'" she said marching out of the room.

Steve walked out of the infirmary chuckling and went to his room to take a shower, not caring for his own pain.

...

When Tory got to Bucky's room, the other side of the door was quiet. She knocked at it and waited to see if he answered, but nothing.

"Buck!?" she said knocking at the door again. On the third time, she lost her patience. Tory reached the door nob, turning it slightly. Looking inside the room, she saw the bathroom's light on.

"Buck!?"

The soldier froze when he heard her voice that closes. Why was she even there?

"Hey!" Tory said standing in the doorway. The sight of him trying to take a bullet of his shoulder on his own saddened her, but she kept a soft expression on her face, reaching for the tweezers that were on his hand. The first aid kit spread open on the bathroom counter.

Bucky said nothing, as Tory positioned herself between his legs and started digging for the bullet, pulling it out and stitching the wound after cleaning it. When everything was done, he sighed in relief, seeming thankful.

"Thanks for taking the bullet for me, by the way," Tory said cleaning up the mess on the bathroom. He looked at her surprised she had noticed.

"And next time something like this happens, go to the infirmary or if you don't want anyone else to help, I'm two doors away."

She turned and looked in his eyes, that held a lot of sorrow he didn't seem to want anyone to see it just yet.

"Thanks," Bucky mumbled, before standing up from the toilet.

"Anytime," Tory shouted as she exited the room with a happy grin on her face.

...

Victoria went to her room and took a welcoming hot shower, before throwing some sweatpants on and a tank top, then heading for Steve's room. The woman knew he didn't let anyone take a look at his wounds. He didn't care for them. Even though all of his injuries would be fine faster than in a usual person.

She knocked at his door.

"Come in," A male voice shouted from inside.

Tory entered the room and looked at the super soldier going through his injuries in the mirror. He had already taken a shower, only wearing sweatpants.

"You people from the 40s need to learn to let people help you. Geez," the woman said looking at the blond, who smiled.

He turned and looked at her, already stitching himself up. She closed the toilet lid and sat him there, finishing stitching and bandaging a lot of spots in his chest and arms.