Chapter 9

Down on the lab, Tony was so into his work, he didn't even notice his sister entering the lab looking through a bunch of papers.

"So I found something that can help destroy those samples without living any trace," she said, but that startled her brother, who just fell from his stool.

"Oh sorry," Tory said between her giggles.

"Really funny. Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? You're all bruised." he said all protective.

"Well I've got insomnia, family thing I guess," she said shaking her head.

"Any way... I found a project that with some modifications, will destroy the viruses. I thought we could keep the poisons. Bruce could take a look at them and see if he could find an antidote. Would be useful. I would say we could do the same with the diseases, but it's too risky and..." she hushed, taking her attention from the papers to her brother, who was staring at her, agape.

"What?"

"You're up this late to work on that? We can do this tomorrow. Go to bed, sleep," Tony said getting up, walking to her.

"I can't okay?" she answered desperately. He looked at her with questionable eyes.

"I have too much on my head right now, and I just need to distract myself. Tomorrow morning we'll have debriefing with Cap, and we will decide what to do with Rollings, and his interrogation, and how to locate Rumlow. And Steve will notice I didn't even sleep and will get angry, then he'll order for me to take a nap, but all I'll have in my head is to finish building this thing so we can get rid of those viruses."

"Alright. Alright. What did you have in mind?" Tony took the project drawings off his sister's hand and started spreading them on one of the empty tables.

"So, this is a chamber I designed some years ago. It closes with pressure, so once it's sealed, what's inside won't get out. Not even an atom. But it's to no use for us now. My idea for this thing was to mix gases and see if I could just find something new. But now thinking about it, it's a lame idea."

"How old were you when you thought about this?" Tony asked, not taking his gaze off the papers.

"19. 20. I think. Why?" Tory asked, approaching him with curiosity.

"Don't know, the idea must be lame, but all the mechanics are perfect. No doubt you're a Stark." he joked.

"Thanks. So before we start thinking about the changes, I'll get some wine on my lab. Really need it." she said with a grin on her face, walking back to the door.

"Want something?"

"I'm good. Already think where we can start." Tony answered all his attention on the papers.

They stayed up making the changes until the sun was up. Tory was still on her feet, making the last touches on the computer before she could start building it with Tony when both of them were interrupted by F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"Captain Rogers asked me to remind you that debriefing will be at 10 a.m."

"Okay, guess I'll get some coffee and take a shower before going," Tory suggested, getting up and yawning.

"Tons, you should do the same. Pepper might still be in bed, enjoy that. We can start building this thing in the afternoon."

"Uhum... sure puppy, I'm going in no time," he told her, not even looking up. Tory sighed at the pet name. He used to call her when they were children.

"Go now before I ask F.R.I.D.A.Y. to turn all the computers off until you get some rest."

"You say that like you didn't spend the whole night awake too," he said laughing.